+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Princess Mononoke ending

Newbie XashitakaX may be famous one day XashitakaX may be famous one day
    Thanks

Princess Mononoke ending

I really didnt like it. I think that Ashitaka should have said "Psh..who cares bout iron town" and then go and live with san in the forest. lol what do u guys think

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Princess Mononoke ending

that would've made it stupid and cheesy
    it'd be too predictable for the romance between Ashitaka and San to escalate to that level
    but Miyazaki went to a different approach with the ending
    he put a D-kind-of feel (Vampire Hunter D)
    after the hero saves the day, he just rides away and doesn't get the girl
    every other story does the opposite
    the ending to Mononoke-Hime angers and annoys many, but personally, I don't really care
    it was a great movie with awesome music, a good story, and a decent ending
    I love my girlfriend.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with innerhell, this is very typical for Miyazaki and frankly doesn't take away from the movie (which was awesome). Would it have made sense for either of them to leave the worlds they knew and were apart of just to be with the other, when they could see each other as often as they liked? Furthermore do you physically have to be with someone all the time in order to love them? Just cause something doesn't turn out like we want it doesn't mean it was the wrong ending or bad.

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XashitakaX
    I really didnt like it. I think that Ashitaka should have said "Psh..who cares bout iron town" and then go and live with san in the forest. lol what do u guys think
    The movie is partially a way for Miyazaki to express his views about the environment, didn't you know? The point of the ending is San going back to help the environment, and Ashitaka going to help the industry. They love each other, so it's so of subtlely suggesting compromise between environment and industry.

Also: Innerhell is right. That would have been cheesy.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

im a ninja-u cant c me bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk's Avatar
    Thanks

ya they made it like that cus it is un humain to just laeve somebudy in the dirt.

IM BACK

Newbie Asian_teen may be famous one day Asian_teen may be famous one day Asian_teen's Avatar
    Thanks

i really didnt like the ending it left a huge empty spot like why and whats going to happen? will they still see each other? wont there still be conflicts? i really wanted to know more but thats the sad thing with movies. you cant see more after its done. but i still like the movie. the greatest anime movie ive seen.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

the ending was okay, if you ask me. (of course, i usually think everythings okay when it comes to movies so who knows if i actually mean it)
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Asian_teen
    i really didnt like the ending it left a huge empty spot like why and whats going to happen? will they still see each other? wont there still be conflicts? i really wanted to know more but thats the sad thing with movies. you cant see more after its done. but i still like the movie. the greatest anime movie ive seen.
    You want to know the ending? Look around you.

The movie takes place "in ancient times when gods still roamed the earth". Industry is just starting up.
    Rather he wanted to portray the very beginnings of the seemingly insoluble conflict between the natural world and modern industrial civilization – a conflict that has continued to this very day. -- courtesy of www.princess-mononoke.com
    Miyazaki is famous for telling stories that express his concerns about today's world.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast