Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rurouni Kenshin: Best.Anime.Ever.

Newbie MidnightFirefly is off to a good start MidnightFirefly's Avatar
    Thanks

Rurouni Kenshin: Best.Anime.Ever.

Just finished crying my eyes out after watching Samurai X: Reflection...... Rurouni Kenshin was the best anime ever made. Ever.

Do you agree with me? Of course you do.

But I have a few questions.. I have been taken with this anime for quite some time (since I was around 13). That was a good six years ago, and since then I have been through ups and downs with my anime fetish.. but no matter what my feelings are for ANIME, I always seem to come back to good ol' Himura. In fact, there was a time I HATED anime and manga and its stupid japanese cartoon world. But I couldn't seem to let go of him, I just couldn't.

Anyway, my point is.. when you have situations like ^ That.. it's only safe to say that THAT'S a good anime.. you keep coming back to it, even though you "hate" it's style..genre..whatever.

UGH, but back to the questions:
    -how old was Kenshin when he was with Tomoe?
    -how old was Tomoe?

-how old was Kenshin when he met Kaoru, and she to him?
    -at the end of everything (Samurai X: Reflection) how old is everybody! Yahiko, Sano, etc.. I know Kenji's 15, but that's about it.

Not that any of that matters... but those are just the kind of things that pop into your head when you're done with everything else-
    OH!

The disease that Kenshin died from and passed on to Kaoru, did he in fact get it from Tomoe? Or was that just a completely different, end of the era disease thing? Does anyone know?

Thanks, and keep watch for those
    Midnight Fireflies

*Haha, Edit: Was browsing around.. and just thought I'd add this in here, to prove otherwise to some of you skeptics.
    Last edited by MidnightFirefly; Dec 18, 2009 at 02:39 AM.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rurouni Kenshin: Best.Anime.Ever.

I don't agree with you, especially since you didn't back up your reasoning with examples as to why Kenshin is better then every other anime that has been made, which is quite the claim and would need substantial evidence to convince me.

The 'best' anime ever is just an opinion, and that list is just a popularity poll that samples a small (And very small at that) portion of just the ENGLISH fanbase and only includes anime that have been translated and distributed outside of Japan, and polls in Japan (Which are more accurate as to what is the 'best') do not have Kenshin occupying the top spot.

There are also better anime out there that have come along recently in terms of animation and story.

2500th post.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Whoa spoiler section calls you MidnightFirefly.

As for the anime, I don't think it's the best ever. Mainly because of the use of mediocre filler. Especially when the anime caught up to the manga and they had to create an entirely different final arc.

The first OVA is top quality though, sticking to the story of the manga. My only complaint about it is how they kind of made Tomoe ugly in it instead of a "cold beauty".
    The second OVA was a bit jumbled but at least they tried to end the story somewhat.

Kenshin is 28 (°1849) years old when he meets Kaoru (°1862). She is 17.
    Kenshin was 15 when he met Tomoe, she was 18.

The disease Kenshin contracted is unrelated to Tomoe. He got it after the events of the manga.

Also,

> Everyone.
    Last edited by Hassun; Dec 18, 2009 at 05:20 PM.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

I myself loved Rurouni Kenshin and the Samurai X OVA's, it is a great series, containing some fine action scenes and mixed in with lots of drama, escpecially in X...But by no means will I call it the BEST EVER

I'd figure Kenshin had to be around the age of 45 - 50 when he was near dying (I could be wrong)

And I always thought Yahiko was around his upper 20's at that time, the rest I dont really know about..

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now if you want a list of Award Winning from significant professional competitions, (and not just a reader poll where you can pad with multiple votes...) anime, you need to look at these webpages...

Japan Media Arts Festival - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Tokyo Anime Award - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Animation Kobe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I disagree with best ever. The reason is that it didn't know when to stay down. It strated heading south and they tried to squeeze another season out of it. The movies were great and the fight choreography was some of the best. From these other comments though I think I will read the manga.

Newbie MidnightFirefly is off to a good start MidnightFirefly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post

Also,

> Everyone.
    This made me giggle. Saito's my dad's favorite character as well, lol. I think it's cuz he's so kickass no one can touch him.

Except for Himura of course * I'm biased, can't help it.

With him being 15 and Tomoe 18, wow - never saw that coming. Especially since he was so in love with her and soo... not fifteen years old. I never read the manga, as I'm sure it delves into many more details than the anime and OVAs seemed to portray... but I am glad I got into the anime tho. Fight scenes were, as Beast said, the best. Have to agree with Hassun on the mediocre filling, UGH especially Kaoru's stupidness. I think I finally fell in love with her in the final OVA, Reflection because she's not so young and immature and annoying, which is why I'm probably Team Tomoe, due to her quietness and mystery factor.

I would say that I'm fascinated with just the OVAs, but I can't because Shishio, Aoshi, and Sōjirō's kickass fights between the Battōsai weren't in 'em.

That is all.

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but Inuyasha would've been Game for me if it weren't dragged.out.like.this.all.the.time.every.episode.n ever.any.action.between.kagome.ever.

The 'best' anime ever is just an opinion, and that list is just a popularity poll that samples a small (And very small at that) portion of just the ENGLISH fanbase and only inclu-
    Lighten up. This is easy going conversation, obviously due through opinion..

And LenMiyata, thank you so very much for that lovely list of Anime Websites! That will come in handy one day.

*Edit.. Someone rated my thread five stars.. Why, Thank you Good Sir!
    So, there's this little site called Twitter... I'll link it here eventually when I feel I can trust you people.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

You have to situate it in the proper period. We're talking a war-torn Japan in 1865 here.
    And you absolutely SHOULD read the manga. The Kyoto arc is some of the best manga reading you'll ever do.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast