Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sailor moon. is it really can save ppls life?

Otaku elvin is off to a good start elvin's Avatar
    Thanks

sailor moon. is it really can save ppls life?

i watch sailor moon when i still stupid (a small kid), know nothing.... i use to like sailor moon very much but now i, after secondary school, i feel like sailor moon is a boring anime series.....

i don really like it but my sister like it very-very much till she had everything with sailor moons.... pencil, eraser, bags, shirts, mug, poster and etc.. as you know, sailor moon used to change her clothes before she went save ppls life.... watch it clearly, how long did she takes to change her uniform? in that time, many things can happen..... is it important to must wear those ¨nice uniform¨ when you save a person even youre a sailor...

kids will like it because they like the characters uniform... but the story line is really boring..... other then that, i really dont know why kids like to watch it? i dun like it.
    ::::...Chery_Strawbery...::::

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: sailor moon. is it really can save ppls life?

Sailor Moon, good times, good times...

I liked that show for a number of reasons. The characters were role models, superheroes, there was romance in it, guys in dashingly handsome uniforms, girls in dashingly... spiffy uniforms, and, well... Yes, you're right, I loved the way they look. And it has all that gooey, shoujo stuff that makes "younger" shoujo so enjoyable... Plus, it's almost like a sentai anime, and that just... I don't know, empowered its viewers.

Oh, and you can't forget that talking cats.

It's also the first Magical Girl anime/manga I've seen where the girl uses her powers against evil and not to solve everyday problems... Contrast with Magical Girl Tickle and compare with Saint Tail.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah i kind of notice that. Wonder how many people got hurt. I used to watch it when i was younger now i stopped
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

You also have to remember that Sailor Moon in its original form (Before DiC Entertainment got their grubby hands on it and mutilated the series), was violent and not really appropriate for younger children (Which it was targeted at in North America).

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

well when i was little i loved the show to death,i always wanted to be a sailor scout and when they cancelled it i was so crushed...but then...pokemon came on the air...so i watched that, then digimon, then DBZ, then i kinda forgot about it..

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aiora View Post
    well when i was little i loved the show to death,i always wanted to be a sailor scout and when they cancelled it i was so crushed...but then...pokemon came on the air...so i watched that, then digimon, then DBZ, then i kinda forgot about it..
    The series was never canceled, it simply ended. It made its original run March 07, 1992 to February 08, 1997.

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i remember them diper days(words of spongebob ^_^) and i loved that show because it was more realistic with cerena being the average lazzy teenager that could pull of a smart thing once in a while. The bosses they faced was more logical not so crudly drawn and thrown together and it had some good music on the important parts.
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    You also have to remember that Sailor Moon in its original form (Before DiC Entertainment got their grubby hands on it and mutilated the series), was violent and not really appropriate for younger children (Which it was targeted at in North America).
    It sure was! I used to watch the dub version religiously when I was in school. Then I got my hands on a 3 hour long fansub VHS tape (this was many moons ago) and noticed HUGE differences right away. There's blood, tons more violence and even the occasional swear.

This is why--in my opinion--Sailor Moon still rocks after so many years of criticism, no TV play, and even after the series finale, people are still hooked. When someone brings up Sailor Moon and another who's watched overhears the conversation, they immediately join in. There are adults who don't watch anime at all, yet when you draw a sketch in the anime/manga style, they say, "Cool! You can draw Sailor Moon??"

Watch the original Japanese version, and you'll see why I think SM is still so popular over a decade after it's demise.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast