+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Samurai 7

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Samurai 7

Has anyone else watched all of this? I thought it was so great, but so sad. I still feel a little choked up about the ending. I wish it could have been one of those cheesy everyone is happy endings, but I guess in the end it wouldn't have been so unforgettable.

It really hurt when Kikuchiyo (he was my favorite) died, as soon as I saw him giving everything he had to lift that Nobuseri's sword to try and stop the capital, I just started crying I had no idea that the some of the six remaining samuai wouldn't make it. But I knew what was going to happen I had hope that he would make it since he was a machine but then a bit latter all you see are his boots/feet dug into the ground. I know all the samurai gave it their all, even their bodies but Kiku truly gave everything.

*Sobs*

This is the first anime that I've seen that I'm so happy that I got to see something so wonderful, and at the same time wish I'd never heard of it because I became so attached to all the characters. It used to be that Planetes was the best anime I've seen/own but it just got bumped to number 2.

So what do you guy think, did the ending get to you too?

*I need to go watch some cheesecake to make me less sad*
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Samurai 7

Yeah, the endin' was very sad, but the point of the story was what they were tryin' ta accomplish. And I think that they managed quite well, despite the losses, so inna way it was kind of a happy ending. They all died a Samurai's death fightin' for what they believed in, what more could they ask for.

P.S. Kikuchiyo was my fav. too, so I understand how u feel.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

whats the deal with IFC? they where playing it but they started overgeeze, it was right after the bandits attacked the village, too...

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    whats the deal with IFC? they where playing it but they started overgeeze, it was right after the bandits attacked the village, too...
    Nice contribution to the thread.

I enjoyed this series immensly. I found it far too short, but even though it was, a truly great piece. It was very well contained and moved quite smoothly form finish to end; the only problem for me was trying to rent the damn things. I had to skip Disc 3, 3, and then come back!!!!

My favorite character was the first one to die. The jester, the lover of pain, the arrow catching acrobat. I wanted him to finish at the end, all of them actually. I enjoyed how the series came to a close, but I wouldn't have minded it so much if everyone were to die. It would be a 'Last Samurai' scene and quite moving in my opinion.

I realise that the series didn't leave off with a big cliffhanger, but did anyone hear of a sequel or perhaps a prequel? I was curious.

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

That was Gorobei, your talking about. I wish he had made it in the show longer than he did at least to help Rikichi get his wife back. I hated that he died from that rifle blast, dirty bas*ard bandits

No, I've not heard of anything about a second season or a before story of S-7, if there where to be any more to the story of Samurai 7 I think it would be done in a movie since Kambei, Shichiroji, and Katsushiro made it out alive.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

+ Reply to Thread