+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Serial Experiment Lain

Newbie yeuevalusion may be famous one day yeuevalusion may be famous one day
    Thanks

Serial Experiment Lain

first off i would like to add im a NEWB so this might be wrong forums, either way it a spoiler.

what do you think/ or make of the series? bascially trying to make sense of the series.

lain had to been involved in the "k.i.d" experiment. Lain happen to be the strongest of the ESP kids and the scientist Mari or whatever wanted to make her even stronger for his own purpose to be god. So for a greater power he saw connections of wired(unlimited resource of info.)
    and reality( to get the information to lain) he combined the other ESP Kids power to lain and send the ESP kids Souls into the net. this way lain can always be connected. Explains how lain can is connecting/connected to reality, ghost, and internet. "serial" experiment lain" has to be the evidence to support some of this theory. The Knights were simply trying to help World Reality And Dreams(wired) Together none the less they just wanted to use lain for their own purpose in a new "reality". The Men in Black couldn't let this possibility of reality to ever happen because defining what is real and what is fake will become even more complicated like a dream...

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Serial Experiment Lain

Was Lain even a real person? I admit that watching the series multiple times hasn't made it much clearer for me, but what I got was that she was created as a link between the Wired and the real world, a "program" with the ability to do in the real world what everyone else can only do in the Wired, such as creating and deleting memories as though they were just files on a hard drive. I really got into the idea presented that all existence is based on memory; if no one remembered someone or something, then it never really existed in the first place, which explains why, when Lain "deleted" herself, everyone's else's lives went back to normal.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Lain wasn't really a human. As stated near the end of a seriese where it talk about knowing the things you know in reality and how she doesn't really know the background to her family that eventually she realised that her life in reality was fake.

For lain was always a computer programme. hence why she was the nost powerful person in the wired. it was her world and a place where she is able to do as she pleases.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    lain was always a computer programme. hence why she was the nost powerful person in the wired. it was her world and a place where she is able to do as she pleases.
    True, but her real power was that she could control reality. Even the best computer program has to be told what to do, but Lain was self-aware, and consciously made the decision to delete herself, mainly in order to save Alice's sanity. She undid her existence to fix reality.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    True, but her real power was that she could control reality. Even the best computer program has to be told what to do, but Lain was self-aware, and consciously made the decision to delete herself, mainly in order to save Alice's sanity. She undid her existence to fix reality.
    Was she really able to control reality??

Personally i think she only influences to a certain degree. i mean she said that all you had to do is replace bad memories with happe ones. that doesn't me she could control reality. She didn't refer to her self as God.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    Was she really able to control reality??

Personally i think she only influences to a certain degree. i mean she said that all you had to do is replace bad memories with happe ones. that doesn't me she could control reality. She didn't refer to her self as God.
    No she didn't say it specifically, but the imagery (the big one-a vision of Lain in the sky shrouded in light like the Virgin Mary) seemed to point to her being, if not God, then about as close as one can get. As for the memory thing, anyone's perception of reality is based on memories of their experiences. Change the memory, change reality. Lain's sister and Alice would have ended up in the nuthouse had Lain continued to exist in their memories, so she took control of and changed their realities (and anyone else who had known her) by deleting herself.

I think I'll be watching this one again soon, the bits and pieces make some sense to me, but I have yet to connect them all to see the big picture.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    No she didn't say it specifically, but the imagery (the big one-a vision of Lain in the sky shrouded in light like the Virgin Mary) seemed to point to her being, if not God, then about as close as one can get. As for the memory thing, anyone's perception of reality is based on memories of their experiences. Change the memory, change reality. Lain's sister and Alice would have ended up in the nuthouse had Lain continued to exist in their memories, so she took control of and changed their realities (and anyone else who had known her) by deleting herself.

I think I'll be watching this one again soon, the bits and pieces make some sense to me, but I have yet to connect them all to see the big picture.
    I think when watching lain...although i have only seen it once..it seems like one of those anime's where if you look to hard you fail to see the bigger picture. Sometimes looking to hard can pull you away from what they are trying to say.

True that lains excistance was causing the balance to tip up. But Really i think that she didn't control reality but caused the line/connection between the wired and real world to shrink. it was why she was able to do the things she could do. Really she did start off in the wired and that is where she was meant to be. She wasn't destined to live in the real world but within the wired its self.

+ Reply to Thread