Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top Ten: Turncoats (Nominations)

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Top Ten: Turncoats (Nominations)

Inspired by the "Top Ten" craze in gaming... let's make some top tens of our own. But rather than making it an issue of the staff's opinion only: let's make it communal. We'll choose the topic: you choose the nominees.

We'll make our lists out of the suspects mentioned here.

Our current topic: Turncoats

We're looking for a top ten of traitors, double-agents and side-switchers. Do-gooders gone bad, Baddies gone good, and people playing both sides evenly all count. So if you know a character with a mixed agenda, ulterior motives or multiple personalities: nominate him or her to see if they make the cut!

Please include the character's name, series, and the reasons WHY they should be considered a "turncoat".

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Top Ten: Turncoats (Nominations)

i nominate Vegeta from dragin ball z and the reason,s
    are as fallows he followed freiza loyaly till he was strong
    enough to kill him which he didnt bit that was his plan, he pretended
    to be a prisnor on a planet ran by bugs just for fun but his motives
    were to just destroy the planet.

then he became *friends* because he couldt beat him and the relationship
    lasted for the hole dbz series proof of this freindship ploy was shown during the
    buu saga and the cell saga though on the outside it looked like he was doing
    it for his son even goku but he went through the hole tribulation just to be better
    than goku.

to be the best of the best at one point when bobity took vegeta as a slave
    he intent was to be themost powerful sayain that never changed during the
    hole dbz saga thats why i nominate Vegeta from dbz.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

although he may not count I nominate:

Dilandau Albatou - Vision of Escaflowne

one of my all time favorite anime characters. a real obsessive, psychotic prick, without self-control or compassion. After his squadron gets obliterated he goes bitchcakes (insane) oh wait, he was Allen's sister? o_o After Dilandau's life is defended he reverts back to Celena for good. hence his turncoat-ness.

a long shot I know. so sue me :P

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

i was gonna say vegeta but i couldn't agree more with darkchalice, vegeta owns.

i think uchiha sasuke deserves to be in the list...he's the good guy turned bad, i like the fact that on the earliest episodes of naruto you already have a hint that he's gonna be a baddie someday. as the story progressed, i grew in anticipation. i wanted to see when the transformation occurs...people saw the character shift comin' and it was quite well received...for me it wasn't surprising but it was exciting....it's like this: "there is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it"....

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I would nominate 'Ryoko' the Space Pirate Demoness Bad Girl from the original 'Tenchi Muyo' OVA series. Powerful enough, with her infamous Pirate Cabbit spaceship Ryo-Oki to bread through the Jurai Home Fleet and raid the home world, she turns out to be just a puppet of the bad guy of the series, and a devoted defender (but with a 'Bad Girl' attitude) of the boy called 'Tenchi'
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine (from recent memory and the fact that Vegeta was already taken), would have to be Neo Roanoke (Mu La Flaga), but then again, he was just brainwashed/amnesia afflicted.

Next on the list would be Athrun Zala.

But then when you think about it, were the Earth Forces and Zaft either good or evil, both groups did equally terrible thinks (the Bloody Valentine incident and then causing the colony to fall to earth)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Taking the content in consideration I'm going to put this in the spoiler section.

I nominate Saitō Hajime from Rurouni Kenshin. Originally the captain of the Shinsengumi's 3rd unit he joined the police force after the fall of the Tokugawa Bakufu under another name. He's only concerned with eliminating any elements he deems to be evil and is willing to go very far in order to achieve his goal. All in all, he's very honourable when it comes to turncoats.

Newbie Navy Cherub is off to a good start Navy Cherub's Avatar
    Thanks

Dang, I was going to say Saitō, but since Hassun took it...

I would have to say that Light from Death Note counts and deserves to be nominated. He played both sides perfectly from beginning to his shameful end. Never lost composure until it was the end for him.

Unless he doesn't count. I really think he does, since he had evryone on the Taskforce fooled except for L.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast