View Poll Results: Theme was "Stock Image" Who will this week?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • PhoenixSara

1 4.35%
  • Shinku no kage

4 17.39%
  • Gekkou

7 30.43%
  • Violent

3 13.04%
  • Shadow Panda

0 0%
  • Luminous

0 0%
  • Sazzy

2 8.70%
  • FLawEdmiNd

0 0%
  • anime_8000

0 0%
  • Aiora

0 0%
  • ketaro

2 8.70%
  • LichGRIFFIN

1 4.35%
  • SasuraiHell

1 4.35%
  • DEMON SPAWN

0 0%
  • kittypurrrrfect

2 8.70%
  • equinn

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SOTW for April 28- May 4: Stock Image

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: SOTW for April 28- May 4: Stock Image

Quote Originally Posted by KuwiRules145 View Post

And for the extra bonus as you can say I loved ketaro. When I first saw it it made me laugh and it made me happy! So thanks ketaro for making it I guess! It's awesome and funny. Especially the skittles part. Nu. Nu. ^^
    hehe thank you. I am glad you find funny and awesome. Pedobear preys upon jailbaiters in the internets and pedophiles who want to steal his prey

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

I voted for Shinku no kage for the following reasons:

Other than having followed the rules like all the other sigs by using the obliged background, it particularly made me laugh when I recognized who was portraying who and how they were well intergrated in the picture.

The background was also modified to have some kind of glow to it, which I have no clue if it's any hard to do, but it seemed to add something to the whole that I liked.

Sazzy's modification of the background seemed the most intricately nice, but didn't seem to have a globally thrilling sig. One of the reasons would be that it was somewhat too dark.

anime_8000's entry was well placed, as the character in Samurai Shamploo often walked in these kinds of environments and she just fit right in. There was a punch to it, but not as much as the one submitted by Shinku no kage.

LichGRIFFIN's message is the sweetest I read, but the anime figure used didn't bring any sense of memory of an anime I previously watched. Furthermore, this character didn't seem to bring out the strong feelings that were portrayed in the words.

Aiora's sig was really well thought out, though simple to apple. The woods/forests are always a good hiding place for good old Snake :P But I didn't feel that it deserved first place in this race for the best. Nice attempt none the less.

Shadow Panda's sig made me think twice before picking one, as I am somewhat of a fanboy to this particular anime character. If I'd have asked the e-mail of a girl during Otakon 2007, I might even have been dating with a girl dressed as a really nice Haruhi while I was dressed as Kyon...honorary vote for the use of the one I'd willingly follow her orders accross the globe XD

ketaro's sig simply made me smirk and have a small laugh.

SasuraiHell's entry had a nice color scheme between character and background and had a nice catchy phrase, but nothing strong enough to defeat the choice I have already made for my top number 1.

Luminous's entry had just that, an illuminated effect upon a calm character in the woods. Kinda serene, but not enough to conquor the hillarious victor in hand to hand combat.

If there was one entry that could have won against my first choice, it would be equinn's. It was delighftul as a whole and made me feel warm inside. After a few thoughts and checking them all a few times, doubt had lingered on a bit. Next time I might tend towards something as refreshing, but laughter won over my present humor. Better luck next time!

kittypurrrrfect's entry felt like a simple fade in of a character juxtaposed over the obliged background, which I have no clue if I'm right or wrong on this. But other than that, I didn't notice any other aspects brought to this sig. Nice, but needs more work after a few glances.

Violent's entry wasn't violent at all, quite cute and calm on the contrary. But just adding a puppy to the background won't be enough to break my will and fall on the charm of a snuggly little thing.

PhoenixSara's entry seemed quite interesting. But the text was very difficult to read and the image used to depit this character didn't seem appropriate. It didn't flow as much as it could have. Nice words none the less.

DEMON SPAWN's entry was in your face and direct. Though the words used seemed akward somehow and didn't feel quite right. The character was easily recognisable, but just seemed to pop out of nowhere and not quite part of the whole.

Gekkou's sig had potential, but I cannot guess from this character is and everything seemed very dark and difficult to discern. I seemed to notice patches of darkness here and there with the road quite illluminated. A good pic, but with a few faults in my opinion.

FLawEdmiNd's sig was very very hard to see what the two characters (or one?) were doing and seemed a tad out of place. Not much to add here. The underneath text was nice, but nothing special other than this took my attention to evaluate.

Thus, Shinku no kage for the win!!!

Note: It may seem difficult sometimes to word what you feel about a thing you like or dislike, but offering some insight and offering a bit of yourself really helps the authors if it is even slightly constructive. Thus, here were my thoughts, not quite professional ones, but the best ones I could smolder out :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Soldat of life For This Useful Post:

PhoenixSara (May 07, 2008)

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Sazzy's modification of the background seemed the most intricately nice, but didn't seem to have a globally thrilling sig. One of the reasons would be that it was somewhat too dark.
    No wonder its too dark. Cowboy Bebop used the one I didn't link or post. I thought I posted the lighter version but on well... It doesn't matter.

Shinku get my vote. Lucky Star = WIN WIN!! and really well done. Then it was Gekkou, he sig was really cool with the lighting effects.

Well done everyone and good luck.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

I just checked the lighter version and it does have a greater appeal to it ^^

But my choice stands still!

Cowboy Bebop should maybe put the lighter one up, but I think it's a bit too late...and it is just my opinion of liking the brighter one a bit more.
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Otaku DEMON SPAWN may be famous one day DEMON SPAWN may be famous one day DEMON SPAWN's Avatar
    Thanks

most of these sigs are really good but, I had to go with ketaro. I mean who doesn't like pedo bear great job everyone else mine was really sucky this time. but, oh well.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

AH! i forgot about the votings! >_< ,it has already ended T.T ...
    anyways ..

LichGRIFFIN's message is the sweetest I read, but the anime figure used didn't bring any sense of memory of an anime I previously watched. Furthermore, this character didn't seem to bring out the strong feelings that were portrayed in the words.
    T_T i should've used an anime figure that's more known .. and this is Saber from Fate/Stay Night ,the message would make sense if you know about this characters background and story ,but anyways! lol
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Thanks

Hmmmm, I have heard about Fate/Stay Night, but never watched and I have some sort of tendancy to staying away from this series. I'm just tired of girl boy relationships and unless it's very original, I won't be attracted to it (let's say after 7 years of watching anime, it's hard, very hard, to find something original out there!!!).
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmmm, I have heard about Fate/Stay Night, but never watched and I have some sort of tendancy to staying away from this series. I'm just tired of girl boy relationships and unless it's very original, I won't be attracted to it (let's say after 7 years of watching anime, it's hard, very hard, to find something original out there!!!).
    No wonder then ,after 3 years of watching anime i can't find that much original out there so no wonder after 7 years ,but there are like Darker Than Black still new and original to me (I love this series!) ,but anyways thanks for pointing that out for me
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast