View Poll Results: Who will win this week?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shinku no kage

3 17.65%
  • Ichiya Yuka

4 23.53%
  • Shin Ryuga

2 11.76%
  • Sazuka

5 29.41%
  • Darkened_Star

1 5.88%
  • Violent

2 11.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SOTW for August 3- August 17 (Manga Coloring)

Admin Cowboy Bebop is off to a good start Cowboy Bebop's Avatar
    Thanks

SOTW for August 3- August 17 (Manga Coloring)

This weeks theme was chosen by Ichiya Yuka "Manga Coloring." Very cool nd creative theme. Asuika, you must upload your sig to the signature gallery and place a link to it in your entry. You did not post a link and I could not find your sig.

Happy voting and thanks to everyone for participation.

-----------------------------------

SUBMISSION BY
    Shinku no kage

SUBMISSION BY
    Ichiya Yuka

SUBMISSION BY
    Shin Ryuga

SUBMISSION BY
    Sazuka

SUBMISSION BY
    Darkened_Star

SUBMISSION BY
    Violent

Other Entry But Without a Link to the Original Manga (not entered into competition):
    equinn

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: SOTW for August 3- August 17 (Manga Coloring)

Shinku No Kage- Okay, well this sig was my second choice but it was a bit too bright. I can see the render perfectly (and a good job at coloring I might add). It might just be my computer but it looks bright 8/10

Ichiya Yuka – This sig has its render nicely blend in with the BG and has many brownish shades. I like it! Especially the “innocence” part. That squarish font looked cool. The render was a bit hard to look at completely cuz of some of the blending. 7/10

Shin Ryuga – OK shin GJ on coloring! I honestly thought u just took a colored version of the manga picture xD. Anyways… The font isn’t the best choice mainly because the black lines u got there are aperated from the font so I’d put in a more visible font. GJ! 7/10

Sazuka – OHHH scary! The render creeps me out :S I liked how u used “SERAS VICTORIA” don’t know what language or what it means but it added a gothic effect and I liked it. The face and the hair is really the only thing that looks colored because of the black BG and the theme is “Manga coloring”. I could be worng here because her clothes can be reddish-black and I can be totally wrong but it’s how I see it now . 7/10

Darkened_star- Well who doesn’t like a chick with a sword? I never liked that kind of thing where her top body was on one side and the rest was on the other side. Its kinda weird. I know… its me but I never liked it. It’s a good sig! its just that I PERSONALLY don’t like that effect. Even though, I like the coloring that you did. I know sometimes renders are too big so we CUT EM! I know this is weird but I vioted Darkened_ star due to the determination to “show off” her coloring. Most of the render is left in the sig and I respect that even though I dislike the effect used. <? 8/10

Violent- I’m guessing this is about surviving the wilderness? I don’t know but I like the shading on the face (unless that was already given) “you are your own teacher” is kinda cheesy but if it is surviving wilderness I can TOTALLY understand.anyways the mountains are cool. I wanna know what that’s says in the BG! GIO?GFO? anyways there was half his face and I guess I have the same problem as sazuka where only a minimal use of coloring was used(sorry if that’s mean!) 7/10

Equinn (NOT ENTERED?) – anyways I should still comment. OMG 2 SALOR MOONS? Lol if that’s how the manga came I don’t blame you but that effect where they look like reflections reminds me of grade 3 math class when we used mirrors to see symmetry lol. Anyways, the colors are vibrant but lack.. flavor…. Iunno how to exlain it.. it looks dusty.. or sumthing. The colors look faded! THAT’S IT! 6/10

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spin Da Ish For This Useful Post:

Darkened_Star (Aug 18, 2008), Shin Ryuga (Aug 18, 2008)

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

i will vote for Shin Ryuga i like his work and i liked it from the first time i saw it ^_^ it's a good pic and good coloring , so good job

and all who in this competition did a very good job ^_^ so good luck for all , and happy voting ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frozen Rose For This Useful Post:

Shin Ryuga (Aug 18, 2008)

Otaku Shin Ryuga is off to a good start
    Thanks

go Ichiya Yuka i love how you blended in lavi.... so you whould have gotten my vote.... and i love lavi and thats part of the reason to

Thx allot AO 4 makeing me resize this....i'm being sarcastic......

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG are u serouse! AGH! and i dont have the damn image T_T.....

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Violent- I’m guessing this is about surviving the wilderness? I don’t know but I like the shading on the face (unless that was already given) “you are your own teacher” is kinda cheesy but if it is surviving wilderness I can TOTALLY understand.anyways the mountains are cool. I wanna know what that’s says in the BG! GIO?GFO? anyways there was half his face and I guess I have the same problem as sazuka where only a minimal use of coloring was used(sorry if that’s mean!) 7/10
    Not surviving the wilderness but the best lessons in life are learned on your own so to speak. The shading is given but I smoothed it out a tad, it says GTO in the background for Great Teacher Onizuka.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Not surviving the wilderness but the best lessons in life are learned on your own so to speak. The shading is given but I smoothed it out a tad, it says GTO in the background for Great Teacher Onizuka.
    OHHH ok that makes more sence lol, anyways i still think that darkened_star wins because the theme IS about MANGA COLORING! and the sig taht shows most coloring was Darkened_star because the sig showed a lot of the render that had to be colored. Others seemed covered with brushes and shades of black or restricted to amke the sig look good (xD Im a TOUGH Judge 8D)

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

I gave my vote to Ichiya Yuka for this SOTW. Really loved the job done with the colors, effects, and the blending of the render and the texts. As Spin Da Ish states, the render is a bit hard to see but personally I think that its a good touch since the sig has a "flame" kind of effect overall so. Shin Ryuga was in 2nd, I really liked the job done for the coloring. It seriously looks like its an original colored scan.

Too bad for equinn and Asuika for their entries. Particulary Asuika's entry as I really liked it as it was so adorable. (I loved "Ichigo Mashimaro"/Strawberry Marshmallow) Not only was there no link provided but it was slightly larger than the AO sig limit.

~
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast