View Poll Results: Theme was "LenMiyata / Pokemon". Who shows the best talent this week?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shinku no kage

1 2.70%
  • equinn

5 13.51%
  • Seirika

7 18.92%
  • Abu Dhabi

1 2.70%
  • Yasmine

4 10.81%
  • zyta

1 2.70%
  • Sazuka

1 2.70%
  • fooligar

16 43.24%
  • Ichigo_06

1 2.70%
  • shadowrulz

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SOTW Jan 14 - 20 (LenMiyata / Pokemon)

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool SOTW Jan 14 - 20 (LenMiyata / Pokemon)

Welcome to the 2nd weekly voting for SOTW 2008.

This theme was chosen by _gwenibe_, and LenMiyata is obliged to go with the winning sig. A bold move I think.

Total of 10 varied entries. I think the variety here is quite good.

Ichigo_06, after 3 attempts, you finally got the correct sig size BUT then you went and uploaded it to your member's gallery. It always pays to read the rules. If you want to participate in SOTW, your sig MUST be placed into the Sig gallery. You're lucky I then went and moved it for you.

I'm still seeing some low quality titles. Ichigo_06, you titled your sig "lugia sig2". We know it's a sig because it's in the Sig Gallery. Howabout something more meaningful? Can you go and edit your title? You also uploaded 2 of the same signature. Please take care in your uploads. It will help us a lot by saving us unnecessary work.

Thank you, and may the best work win!

-------------------------------------------------

SUBMISSION BY Shinku no kage

SUBMISSION BY equinn

SUBMISSION BY Seirika

SUBMISSION BY Abu Dhabi

SUBMISSION BY Yasmine

SUBMISSION BY zyta

SUBMISSION BY Sazuka

SUBMISSION BY fooligar

SUBMISSION BY Ichigo_06

SUBMISSION BY shadowrulz

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: SOTW Jan 14 - 20 (LenMiyata / Pokemon)

Putting everyone's skills aside, I think such a theme needs dull and boring colours. An old Anime Otaku is not really suited to bright vibrant colours. That's one of the reason's I chose fooligar for this week.

equinn, I couldn't easily read the text above and below your sig as it's in black on AO's dark gray background.

Sazuka, looks like I need to put on some 3D glasses to fully appreciate your sig. Nice one!

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

I liked fooligar's entry but honestly voted for seirika, because I liked the color combination a little bit more. Also Shadowrulz, you got the text wrong it is not ramblings it is rantings....

「Someone」 Goo Slasher Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Rapid Motion Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion, Flower Girl Champion KuwiRules145 is off to a good start KuwiRules145's Avatar
    Thanks

My vote came between Yasmine and Seirika....... I'm going to have to think this over a bit...

Shinku no kage:
    I love the colors you did and the pokemon you put. I mean I love when people mix those types of colors and the shadow of theirs is like hey look! their on land!!!! ^^ But not to be mean but i kinda thought you could of done better cause what I seen out of your sigs it's like WOW!!!! so ya.... sorry. But what do you expect from a fan. So I know you'll get a lot of votes thats for sure!!! ^^ so Lets go Shinku! Lets go!!! ^^

equinn:
    I can tell you did alot of work!!! And I love (Ah! I know how to pronounce it but not spell!!!!!!! Ah! what luck from me!! T-T). And I still love the designs you do for it! It's so cool!!! as always! ^^ It's still awesome so you still have great VICTORY!!!

Seirika:
    *speechless* 200 out of a 100 that means I love yours too times more!!!!!!! The designs and the lighting is perfect to me! And the second stage of the pokemon is yah! (The third stage is so much better!!! ^^) You better when or be at least close to winning ok! ^^

Abu Dhabi:
    I thought yours was simply, cute, and hard in a way cause that background LOOKED HARD!!!! (In my opinion) I still like it! So I expect more than 4 votes from you ok! ^^

Yasmine:
    It's so adorable and the designs are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the colors you use! (Orange aaaa..... my fav color) It makes me comfortable and happy seeing it!!!!! ^^ You better at least win or become second place!!!!

zyta:
    Yours just stand out to me!!! ^^ And that just made me happy that it did! ^^ i'm still a fan of your work! Like i said! ^^ I love the effect you did i the background. Blue... oh yah!! ^^ And I love the picture you ue! It' so different from everybodies! ^^ I hope to see more of more of your work ok and vote!

Sazuka:
    I love the 3D effect you did! It caught my interest right there! ^^ The coloring and the text is perfect to me!

fooligar:
    Ah! Ah! Ah! It's so cool! I love how you did the background. (And the lines honestly) But thats the only thing I like about it though??? Hmm.. Though some how it just keeps me smiling!!!!! ^^

Ichigo_06:
    I like the backgrond you had done. It's very nice and the pokemon (i know how to prounce the name but not spell it so orry.... T.T) goes very well but I thought the text should of been better. though it's still good! so better than mine in my opinion. ^^

shadowrulz:
    You have a creative mind! I can see what you wanted to do and I like it. Though you should at least to try blending them in. ^^ I know it would of turn out so cool! ^^

Ok i decided to vote for Seirika! And thats final! ^^
    「When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead」

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KuwiRules145 For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (Jan 21, 2008)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Voted for fooligar, for the same reason as DB. The sig must be good and at the same time follow the "context" of the contest. This sig/ava set is for LenMiyata. Fooligar's sig was right on, gets the point across, but does not look like effort was not put in.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

Shinku no kage

hunny this is a wonderful siggy and all but it looks a wee bit like u didn't try ..... i know i sound horrible but thats what i think sorry please don't be mad with me but still you shouldn't think your in the clear lol ^^ still nice though

Seirika
    yours was very nice also i loved the colors used it goes wonderfully with the render

Abu Dhabi

ok i think is has actualy been the best one i have seen from you its bright and clear and the colors go well great job

Yasmine

ok yours was totaly awsome i loved the background you used it goes soo well all together ^^

zyta

i love your siggy, i voted for your siggy
    i loved the colors i was temped to vote for other ones but i dunno i was like drawn into it ^^ cool sig

Sazuka

OMG well what can i say i seen it and i was like WOW~! but it like kinda hurt my eyes seeing it first thing in the morning i thought there was something wrong with my eyes XD lol

but i know you must have put ALOT of work in this and its bloody awesome ^^

fooligar

ok yours was nice too i like the blend of like greenery and all i wonder were u found your render?... but anyways db did a good thing on voting you it was awesome.

Ichigo_06

ok this one was very blue you stuck to the theme well ^^

shadowrulz

cool siggy you just need to witch out for the renders ....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to equinn For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (Jan 21, 2008)

Newbie nickhoge is off to a good start nickhoge's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, when it comes to choosing colors, I think the assignment was to use bright/lots of colors right? The reason I had to choose between Fooligar's or Yasmine's entry is the skills of designing, I think they both show very good skills. In the end I chose for Yasmine's because it was more according the rules of the assignment

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

I definitely liked fooligar's the best.

It was very crisp and clean and would definitely suit Miyata-san.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast