View Poll Results: Theme was "LenMiyata / Pokemon". Who shows the best talent this week?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shinku no kage

1 2.70%
  • equinn

5 13.51%
  • Seirika

7 18.92%
  • Abu Dhabi

1 2.70%
  • Yasmine

4 10.81%
  • zyta

1 2.70%
  • Sazuka

1 2.70%
  • fooligar

16 43.24%
  • Ichigo_06

1 2.70%
  • shadowrulz

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: SOTW Jan 14 - 20 (LenMiyata / Pokemon)

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: SOTW Jan 14 - 20 (LenMiyata / Pokemon)

Ahh, Len... Which of these sigs should he wear... ahh i know! Yasmine's sig! you know why? Ill tell you why, the sig was basic and had one render, not too busy in the background. All the other sigs were... lemme explain....

Shinku= Nice, i like the gameboy theme you tried to put in it, very basic. Would've won
    Equinn= You have a tendancy to get the cutest pictures lol :P the wording outsideof the sig for me didnt seem like what i would like in a signature. was a good sig anyways ^^
    Seirika= I actually enjoyed myself looking at this one. It was... well... bright and colorull. I liked it and the glow made it 100% better. Nothing really that u did wrong....
    Abu= I saw this and went.. well thats vulpix! I now what you tried to do with the background but for me, it may be my computer, i didnt enjoy the bg.
    Zyta= I know those things are pokemon.... but from what i've seen for my 15 years of life... i would rather see pocket monsters that look like pocet monsters. Its not you, or the siggy. I just hate how pokemon is running out of pokemon to create and end up making wiered ones
    Sakuza= Not exactly sure what you were trying to acomplish with this... Like is Nitoking evolving? the adding of extra nidokings blurred the picture a bit.
    Fooligar= you alaysimpress me with your work. I see that the bg took a LONG time to do. the only problem i had with it were the random circles and the outline of prof.oak
    Ichigo_06= Is it just me? or does this one look a bitdistorted. I saw the other thread and it seems u had size problems... i could be resizing that was the problem...
    Shadow= LOL at prof.oak in a tropical shirt lol. Funny but the buffalo dudes.. ahh man what are theyre names..... TAURUS!.... yes the taurus dont look that good.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kurapika View Post
    im afraid they are all cute and creepy Hassun
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    How about Mewtwo? and or Entei? Entei looks extremely old for one.
    I did some searching for 'intelligent' or 'grumpy' Pokémon on the internet and these ones came up:

Pikachu
    Ninetales
    Farfetch'd (seems to be one of the only grumpy ones)
    Alakazam (according to Wikipedia, it has an IQ of 5000)
    Noctowl (hey it's an owl, owls are symbols of age & wisdom)
    Latias
    Deoxys
    Mewtwo

"Alakazam", "Noctowl" and "Farfetch'd" seem like the best candidates when looking at their appearance.

Alakazam

Noctowl

Farfetch'd

P.S. Man that took a while, did you people know that according to Wikipedia there are a mind boggling amount of 493 Pokémon!?

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally liked yasmin's avatar and signature.

The colors are very ''poignant'' and it seems pretty hyper, which would be a change of pace for a wise old grouchy person no?

Otherwise, I just felt inspired on the moment. But looking at the 15 votes for fooligar's work, I guess that one is a sure win so far. Indeed it is more calm and goes well too, but let's say I've been moving about and was in a hype of sorts. But stopping and watching the nature around us, while profiting of it, is always a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I did some searching for 'intelligent' or 'grumpy' Pokémon on the internet and these ones came up:

Pikachu
    Ninetales
    Farfetch'd (seems to be one of the only grumpy ones)
    Alakazam (according to Wikipedia, it has an IQ of 5000)
    Noctowl (hey it's an owl, owls are symbols of age & wisdom)
    Latias
    Deoxys
    Mewtwo

"Alakazam", "Noctowl" and "Farfetch'd" seem like the best candidates when looking at their appearance.

Alakazam

Noctowl

Farfetch'd

P.S. Man that took a while, did you people know that according to Wikipedia there are a mind boggling amount of 493 Pokémon!?
    I think Spearow or maybe Primape are more grumps. And yeah, there's a wiki based website completely dedicated to Pokemon. This #*&$ is bananas.

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

For this one there was an interesting amount of pokemon sigs entered, it was hard to choose, but in the end I went with Shinku no Kage, sure the colours were warm, but the gameboy theme and the originals at that, really would fit, however, on the others I liked

Equinn- if you dont mind a guy saying, it looks a bit too cute, however it fits with the color not being so bright.
    Seirika- Arcanine, nice, my favorite oldies pokemon, however he already had one of arcanine, nice job on the background though,
    Abu Dhabi- A vulpix that would work however the backgound color seems to be more on the line of a sun instead of fire wouldnt ya say?
    Yasmine- hum looks like the use of swift from a spinda, nice choice of the background, battle scene thingy.
    zyta- Are those really pokemon? never heard of them, cute though nicely done.
    Sazuka- looks like Nidoking is doging an attack or something interesting. very nice on the choice of pokemon for that one.
    Fooligar- yes this might have fit in for Len better then others, however what is with the circles, and are those bird bat things, a zubat?
    Shadowrulz- this one is amuzing and nice at the same time, Professor oak on a jurney with Tourus, the only pokemon that surves as a zodiac sign as well. nice, his outfit does fit with the background, however the tourosus are a bit bitmapped yes?watch out for teh rendering too, but over all nicely done.
    Very nicely done with all of the sigs guys, oh with mine I was trying to add a pokemon 2000 movie theme to the lugia taht I put there with fire island and Ice island in the background.
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Well equinn got my vote ^^ Her signature is quite simple, but very nicely made with the border and the text kinda outside the signature ^^ And the little creature is just so cute!!!! ^^ Very nicely done ^^ Cheers equinn!!!

@ Shinku:
    I think the yellow one with the Pikatchu (spelling) evolutution was the best ^^ they are all quite interesting though.. very funny... doesn't seem like anyone else tried to go that way

By the way... I was really confused by the fact that the title of this didn't have "Voting" in it Just a note...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Congratulations to fooligar for leaving a cloud of dust behind again on the competition. I'm sure LenMiyata will be proud to carry your work.

fooligar, as winner you can choose:
    • Upcoming SOTW theme
    • Choose a YouTube video to place on the front page. (PM me)
    Also you have won 50 credits.

Please create a new thread titled "SOTW for Jan 28 - Feb 3 (your theme here)". I or a mod will then stick this thread once posted.

Thank you.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

And my personal thanks to fooligar, and to all the participants of this contest for providing such a wonderful sig...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4