Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SOTW for Jan 7 - 13 (Winter)

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Re: SOTW for Jan 7 - 13 (Winter)

Great!

Couldn't remember when the deadline was. I wanted to make some last minute changes to the one I chose, and I was in hospital, so had no time.

I will finish it tonight, and get it up Tuesday.

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

Don't rush your self, You still have like two weeks.

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

O.O i just realized after such a fun winter break that i ahvent went on this site once *GASP*
    i'll drop a sig soon and i'll try to do that cool logo contest *teehee

Thanks

Okay, I got it done and loaded it into the gallery.

I would appreciate any REAL constructive comments on it. I hope at least one person likes it.

I hate always having to alter it from BMP to PNG, it always changes the quality.

I always have trouble putting the link in, I don't know what I do wrong, but here goes.

Had to upload my sig back into the Gallery again, and put the link here again. Odd about the whole thing.

Bleach Winter dreams - Anime Online Gallery

Anyone know why it was deleted from the gallery?
    Last edited by Zeikku Shadow; Jan 03, 2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: For some reason my sig was missing out of the gallery, so my link was no good now.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
    Anyone know why it was deleted from the gallery?
    Because it isn't your own work. It's a cropped version of someone else's wallpaper made from a Japanese artist's fanart with some text added. That makes it plagiarism twice over.

You should know better.

Don't upload it again... and if you're going to plagiarise, be smart enough not to write that it's a cropped wallpaper in the entry itself ~_~;

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Because it isn't your own work. It's a cropped version of someone else's wallpaper made from a Japanese artist's fanart with some text added. That makes it plagiarism twice over.

You should know better.

Don't upload it again... and if you're going to plagiarise, be smart enough not to write that it's a cropped wallpaper in the entry itself ~_~;
    I didn't plagiarize it. And it wasn't exactly a wallpaper, some people had made different wallpapers of the same picture on a site that posts different things for people to use in their sigs and things. It said nothing about anyone not being allowed to use it, or it being from some artist's work. I had never even seen the pic before.

I used the large wallpaper sized pic scaled it down and redid the pic. If you have seen the original then you know I added trees to the left side to make a small forest, then I added quite alot more snow. You mean to tell me if I had rendered them out and then added them to a similar background and then made the small forest to the left again it would make a difference?

This is the original pic they posted on their site one night for people to create wallpapers from. I liked the pic and thought I could do a sig with it later, I had already started it when the SOTW for winter was posted, so I consideded it as a possability.

You can see I didn't just crop someone's wallpaper, or steal some artist's work. They posted it, not me. When I said wallpaper, I meant that (wallpaper) in a loose general sort of sense, not acctual wallpaper.

I am not even worried about the SOTW now, just my rep, and I have already contacted DragonBall reguarding the matter. I would appreciate it if you would not remove the sig, or the pic, so people can judge for themselves.

Last edited by Zeikku Shadow; Jan 04, 2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: added the original pic and my sig for comparison.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
    I didn't plagiarize it. And it wasn't exactly a wallpaper, some people had made different wallpapers of the same picture on a site that posts different things for people to use in their sigs and things. It said nothing about anyone not being allowed to use it, or it being from some artist's work.
    Perhaps you are blind and can't see that it's signed with the artist's name... an artist I'm pretty sure hasn't given you permission and who you've failed to credit.

It was edited based upon the gallery rules. ie. you said it was a "Cropped wallpaper" and have now posted an original which bears the signature of an artist you haven't credited. If you're going to go to DB to be exempt from the rules everyone else is: yay for you, there's not much I can do. But it's still plagiarism according to the site's rules and should not be allowed in this contest.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Perhaps you are blind and can't see that it's signed with the artist's name... an artist I'm pretty sure hasn't given you permission and who you've failed to credit.

It was edited based upon the gallery rules. ie. you said it was a "Cropped wallpaper" and have now posted an original which bears the signature of an artist you haven't credited. If you're going to go to DB to be exempt from the rules everyone else is: yay for you, there's not much I can do. But it's still plagiarism according to the site's rules and should not be allowed in this contest.
    As I said, another site posted it for the very purpose of it's members to create something out of it. One would figure that if it is there, you don't need to seek anyone's permission for the use of it, that's why it is there. Isn't EVERY single piece of anime someone's art? Does everyone seek permission before they do anything with it? Does everyone credit everyone every time they use something?

It says to give credit to the site, if you are uploading and image to the Gallery you took from the site. I did not load the image I used from the site into the Gallery. I uploaded the sig I made from the image. Do you need me to figure out where all the images I have every used came from, and then give credit to them all... I used an image from this place for this part, an image from this place for this part, etc...

As I explained, I DIDNT crop someone's wallpaper. I know you don't care, but it is still the truth. Yes, I could have worded it better. That was my own fault, but you seem to be ignoring the fact that it is obvious that I didn't just simply crop the image. The work that was done on the sig, was done by me. If I can't do it, I don't ask someone to do it for me. It would be one thing to simply crop a larger pic, for personal use, but I would not simply crop a picture and enter it into a contest.

I didn't go to DragonBall, because I expect to be exempt from the rules, but because in the thread you accused me of something that was not true. I explained why this was untrue, and you obviously don't care, oh well. It is still not true. As I said to DragonBall, I figured it was a wash for the contest, I wasn't even worried about that. I didn't like being accused of something I didn't do. That is why I went to him.

As for the blind comment, no I didn't see it. I had to e-mail the pic of the image to my sister, so that I could enlarge the pic to read the artists name, when I tried it on my old computer it all went pixel. Once I had the artist's name I spent almost the entire day trying to contact them. I can't even find any info on the artist at all. I tried every search engine I know. I went into many sites, some which I had to join just to talk with someone, and asked around if anyone knew how to contact the artist. Nothing. Does anyone on here know?

Thank you DragonBall. However, as I said I will take a pass on the SOTW, any possible fun was smashed out of that from the start. All I cared about was being accused of stealing someone's work, simply cropping, slapping some words on it, and claiming it all as my own. I did none of that. I used a piece that was offed up for people to use. I made changes, not simply cropped it. Most importantly, even in the gallery description, I made it clear that I used a pic, not that I drew the pic. I had done several versions of this sig, and did a few other wintry sigs, perhaps I should have used one of them instead. I will take a pass this time.
    Last edited by Zeikku Shadow; Jan 06, 2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Thanking DragonBall.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast