View Poll Results: Theme was "Bad Guys" Who will this week?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • PhoenixSara

5 15.63%
  • deftbeat

5 15.63%
  • Violent

6 18.75%
  • Gekkou

1 3.13%
  • Shinku no kage

1 3.13%
  • Sazzy

8 25.00%
  • Sazuka

0 0%
  • Aiora

0 0%
  • zyta

3 9.38%
  • DEMON SPAWN

1 3.13%
  • FLawEdmiNd

1 3.13%
  • homunculous

1 3.13%
  • Descended From Darkness

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SOTW for May 12 - May 18 (Bad guys)

Admin Cowboy Bebop is off to a good start Cowboy Bebop's Avatar
    Thanks

SOTW for May 12 - May 18 (Bad guys)

This weeks theme was chosen by Gekkou "Bad Guys." Glad to see a bigger turnout this from last. Signatures of bad guys in an anime series seems to have been a hit. Thanks for everyone who entered and good luck.

13 entries this week. Happy voting!

-----------------------------------

SUBMISSION BY
    PhoenixSara

SUBMISSION BY
    deftbeat

SUBMISSION BY
    Violent

SUBMISSION BY
    Gekkou

SUBMISSION BY

Shinku no kage

SUBMISSION BY
    Sazzy

SUBMISSION BY
    Sazuka

SUBMISSION BY
    Aiora

SUBMISSION BY
    zyta

SUBMISSION BY
    DEMON SPAWN

SUBMISSION BY
    FLawEdmiNd

SUBMISSION BY
    homunculous

SUBMISSION BY
    Descended From Darkness

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: SOTW for May 12 - May 18 (Bad guys)

Sazzy definitely gets my vote this time. Her Joker sig is awesome as it is f'ing creepy!! *shiver* The Joker gives me chills...

deftbeat and gekkou were both a close second with their D.Gray-man entries. I've been getting into D.Gray-man recently so I know that they're bad. LOL zyta's entry is eyecatching as always as well. Than theres Sazuka's, it seems that Sazuka really has an unique style thats always different, but different in a good way.

Good luck to the rest as well.~
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Newbie warrchief is off to a good start warrchief's Avatar
    Thanks

As an old Veteran in Photoshop. All of these Look very Easy to do, But theres Sazzy has some potential to upgrade and improve. Sazzy has my vote because not only i like the use of the Stock/render, but the C4D effects are not bad.

Oh I see what you did there.

Isn't much of a buddhist anymore... I can't help eating meat.

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks
    ah truly, every sig up there is simply stroke of beginners luck.

of course, it's commonly known that there is almost zero graphic skill on this site...

deftbeat gets my vote. mad sig.

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

PhoenixSara - I like the signiture but the effect you tried to bring didnt make me think that this was nessicarily a "bad guy". I realize it is Orochimaru, evn still if you showed the sig to sumone who had no idea who Orochimaru was, he wouldnt think it was nessicalry a bad guy. (Correct me if im wrong) = 3/5

deftbeat - I personally always liked ur sigs in general but this one didnt quite have the flare. The blending is nice but i dont really like the background. The way it goes into his face like that looks cool (thumbs up =D) and the font is great. nice sig. = 4/5

Violent - NOW i can clearly see that this is an evil villan or a "bad guy" and the background makes it comic book like whih im taking a liking to (=D) The "death" in it is VERY well blended and i'd have to say this one is abosolutly cool (=D) = 5/5

Gekkou - AHH, again we have a person who looks like a classic villan. Love the render choice, his smile really freaks me out (=S). This was also one of my favorites and i liked the siggy alot. = 5/5

Shinku no kage - The cloud background is what amazes me here, nice job on the background but render choice wasnt so great. I can se the "badness" in his eyes but to me th sig seems weak in the theme for this week. = 3/5

Sazzy - Ahh the Joker, I like how you used the non-cartoon joker, and the green just made it more fabulous. I dont know what though, but it seems as if sumthing is missing from it. Other than that... = 4/5

Sazuka - Now this one, i havent the slightest idea wat it is but i like it. I dont really like how you used blue in this one, i love how u used red more( made me think of blood =S). nice render i liked it. = 3/4

Aiora - Just so you know Byakuya Isnt a "bad guy" in the series. well i guess he was but he becomes a friend, but i guess i can penilize you for that one. I liked the brushes u used, but te fading of teh render didnt seem to work out that much for me. = 2.5/5

zyta - OH NO! NOT HER AGAIN =D! nice sg but for a "bad guy" theme the colors didnt really go with the theme. I can understand more vibrant colors because of the character but the yellowishy color didnt really work out for me. only problem =D. = 3/5

DEMON SPAWN - Just as Zyta, i didnt think that this was meant for a "bad guy" theme but this siggy does make teh background work. I like it but the theme states "bad guys" and im just not getting that... vibe =D. = 3/5

FLawEdmiNd - Nice use of... darn forgot the name..... bah, anyways the little game picture =D was good but the size of the sig made the hieght look a bit small whihc is a concern. I liek how everything is pixelated but the sig is a bit small too me and a bit wide. Theres too much extra space. = 2.5/5

homunculous - I understand teh concept " the mask and the illusion". like the word setting aswell but, the crossing was a bit hard to understand. Ur concept of haveing two aiezens goes with ur words but id rather have one that just showed Aiezen in the red =D. = 2.5/5

Descended From Darkness - The render is a bit.. streched and the top of the letters of Itachi Uchiha is cut off. Background is trippy, i liek it but the render and word placemnt needs work. Overall good =D. = 2.5/5

Well it comes down to gekkou and violent, and i cam e up with a desicion.... VIOLENT WINS MY VOTE. For sum reason i just like to see that signiture and that feeling made me choose Violent over Gekkou. Nice signiture Gekkou, both were good but i just had a gut feeling about violent

Newbie Gekkou may be famous one day Gekkou may be famous one day Gekkou's Avatar
    Thanks

My chose was between Sazzy and Shinku no kage.
    But i went with Sazzy! The Joker render is really scary and she made great background around him!
    Shinku no kage is really great too. I love the angle of the render. You are looking up to it and see the sky that are cool!

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warrchief View Post
    As an old Veteran in Photoshop. All of these Look very Easy to do,
    Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    ah truly, every sig up there is simply stroke of beginners luck.

of course, it's commonly known that there is almost zero graphic skill on this site...
    I'm not saying these comments are incorrect... but sheesh what's with all the hostility?

Otaku deftbeat may be famous one day deftbeat may be famous one day deftbeat's Avatar
    Thanks

let's see
    i got my eye on the work of:
    violent
    gekkou
    sazzy
    zyta
    flawedmind

nicely done guys

but my vote goes to zyta
    (love the color scheme and the c4d in the bg if it is.^^)

btw great observation mr. "veteran in photoshop"
    why not showing us sometimes the complexity of your works..
    maybe you could enlighten us for a change

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast