+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: SOTW Themes (New)

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

SOTW Themes (New)

Ok, I have decided to revamp this thread listing the current suggestions and for the "ease" of finding them! You may suggest new themes but be sure to adhere to the rules of the thread per DB:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    Each week, the SOTW theme is selected from a list of suggestions by members. The winner will have first choice on the theme based from the suggestions found within this thread.

Please list your suggestions in this thread and some ideas to help boost or sell your suggested theme. Do not just post a 1 word suggestion. Please give reasons as to why you would like to see this theme appear in the upcoming SOTW. Thank you.
    Now here are the current suggested themes! I may have modified them for length and I may have broadened the theme(s) suggested. If your idea is not listed it is because I felt it already fit a previously suggested theme. Likewise I took them first come first serve in terms of WHO suggested what so no complaining.

1) Freedom
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Have we tried freedom? Like the children doing whatever they want, or somebody standing under the clear sky with no worries whatsoever?
    2) Giant Robots
    3) Maids
    4) Girls
    5) Space
    6) Nature
    7) Cooking/Food
    8) Sports
    9) Specific Anime Titles and/or Characters
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    Well, here's some ideas to start off:
    -Giant Robots -Maids -Girls -Space -Nature -Cooking/Food -Sports -Specific anime titles and/or chars
    10) Passion
    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Passion; It wouldn't just have to be love. It could be passion for school, music, dance.. anything that shows the character being deeply involved in something. It could also be love ^_^ Just one of my ideas.
    11) Gizmos
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    how about cool gizmos, rofl like i always see anime characters with cool cellphones, guns, hi-tech weapons, wouldn't that be cool?
    12) Animals
    13) Neko
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxious_Craft View Post
    how about animals? dont think that has come up yet? or even neko maby? i dunno, to late at night to be thinking proporly.
    14) Under Water Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    under water fanticy!!!!!!!!!!!! oo yeah gotta love them lol
    15) Races (speed)
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiFemi View Post
    Races (speed) On foot, by car, motorcycle, planes, boats
    16) Evil/Demons
    Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    how about something that if you do the SOTW about like demon things, for example like something evil, for example... the kyuubi(naruto). as in like evil that takes over or dwells within a character. we see a lot of those nowadays^^
    17) Life's Little Wonders
    How about:Life's Little Wonders
    You know, the little things in life that people ususally don't spend the time to appreciate. And the things people take advantage of. Like, a sunny day, a rainy day, the butterflies and ladybugs, the ants on an ant hill - their own colony. Those are only a few ideas.
    18) Rivals/conflict
    19) Final battle
    20) Life (the good and/or bad things of it)
    21) Memories
    Lets see...how 'bout themes such as:
    -rivals/conflict -final battle -life (the good and/or bad things of it) -memories
    ...stuff like that?
    22) Specific Pic/Render
    Another idea, how 'bout the winner chooses a specific pic/render and we have to work off of that?
    23) Songs
    24) Books
    25) Poems
    Quote Originally Posted by -=Broken^Halo=- View Post
    Another Idea. Signatures inspired by songs, books, Poems, etc etc
    26) Misery
    27) Halloween
    28) Time
    29) Insanity
    30) Seasons
    31) Chibi
    Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    Neh, might as well blab my ideas. - Misery - Halloween - Time - Insanity - Seasons - Chibi Sorry if there's any reposts. Skimmed through the ideas, but those are some of the things I thought up.
    32) Flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro_psyco View Post
    I love flowers.....how about a sotw on any kind of flower? That or one on ourselves? Taking a picture of ourselves and from there anyone can go wherever ^^
    33) Movies
    34) Real life images
    35) People
    36) Free choice/style
    37) Emotions
    38) Different shapes (square, circle etc)
    39) Black and white
    40) Vector style
    Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    - Movies - Real life images - People - Nature - Music - Free choice (meaning the people can do whatever sig they wanted) - Emotions - Different shapes (square, circle etc etc) - Black and white - Vector style
    41) Simplicity
    Oho. How intimidating your post is. -How about, Simplicity? Oddly enough, that word makes me think about nature; however that was an idea I alread posted in this thread. Simplicity being a raindrop on a rose [in black & white], or a close up of the texture of the road. An individual in a crowd on the streets of NY, holding an umbrella or something. [Again, it could be in Black and White.]
    42) Things of importance
    Quote Originally Posted by dude101 View Post
    i'm not sure if this one has been put down. anywho what does ppl think about having a theme about what is most important to u. like u make a sig of whatever u think is the most important thing in the world. it can be anything like a passion, family, etc. i guess its a bit broad but i think it would be interesting, might be able to put some 'feeling' into the sig. well just a thought.
    43) Favorite AO mod!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    ^o^ you know what would be cool? if the theme was your favorite moderator on AO! sure, it might be a favorites contest, but it would still be pretty fun! the only rule is that you have to tell DragonBall your choice before hand so there are no repeats! ^_^ but i guess a list would have to be posted of all the mods...
    44) Ocean/Beach
    「夏だ!!海だ!!」と言う事でテーマは「夏」!? "The summer!! The ocean!!", so hows 'bout "Summer" for the theme!? A pic of the big blue sea, fun in the summer sun, and all that other good stuff y'know?
    45) Girls with Guns
    An idea from my failed SOTW entry. "Girls with Guns". Nyahahahah. (=w=)
    46) Video Games/Companies
    Quote Originally Posted by DEMON SPAWN View Post
    what about video games? that would make an interesting theme.
    47) Angels
    Quote Originally Posted by KuwiRules145 View Post
    This may be a stupid idea but I think angels! I love angels and I know their so beautiful indeed! Or summer!!!!!! Summer indeed!
    48) Explosions/Fireworks
    49) Cosplay
    Quote Originally Posted by halo3master View Post
    i like to blow things up hows about fireworks or a funny sig like naruto playing as saska in a naruto game something like that. pretty sure there are some better one than that
    50) AO themed
    Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    this might not make much since to most but why not an AO themed sig contest to show a sig that best represents AO and all that it has to offer. i mean all these ideas are good but no one has brung up an idea for AO its self that would be intresting to see
    51) Sweets
    52) Joker/Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post
    o.o Has sweets been a theme(?) I mean like candy or cupcakes, fruits Got another. How about the "Joker/Jester"
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Jun 28, 2007 at 07:26 PM.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: SOTW Themes (New)

How about since it is almost 4th of July something to do with Fireworks? Though I know not everyone is from the US. Though I just love the Fireworks idea.

Edit: I know that is why I suggested the 4th of July.
    Last edited by Ky-lyrra; Jun 28, 2007 at 07:54 PM.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    How about since it is almost 4th of July something to do with Fireworks? Though I know not everyone is from the US. Though I just love the Fireworks idea.
    It was already suggested as part of # 48. Personally I would like to see the themes of Samurai/Warriors or Cars/vehicles.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

how about a theme of friends? not just anime or whatever, but a sig about your friends in everyday life? maybe even about your friends on AO?

^_^ i think it would add a more personal touch to the cliche topic of "friends"

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

here's just a thought, but how about doin a sci-fi themed sig. something with a space background, or something along those lines. i always loved watching the stars.

oh and speaking of stars u could always do a celebrity themed one as well, but i'm not a big fan of celebrities.

Thanks

I am making a new rule for this thread.

Rule:
    READ THE PREVIOUSLY SUGGESTED THEMES BEFORE SUGGESTING SOMETHING.

I am going to start deleting posts and handing out infractions to those who are buffing their post count suggesting stuff already listed. I mean I made it easy, it is all listed in 1 post and numbered. C'mon people.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

ok but u can still agree with other members ideas tho right ....????

but yeah i would like something to do with sumer and what not hat about sesions .... soo if u anted to do fireworks u would do oct ( halloween)Ky-lyrra

Thanks

The thread's purpose is to provide "suggestions" for the SOTW winner or DB to pick from. I don't see where "agreeing" or "disagreeing" with someone's suggestion is a viable post here. Since it is up to the SOTW winner or DB what the theme is, why would it matter if you liked the theme someone else suggested? If you don't like the themes, then suggest something "better" and maybe the person picking will choose yours. Bad themes simply won't be picked, end of story. No need for anyone's "approval" or agreement. That only serves to clutter the thread and make the suggestions harder to find.

Thus it is suggestions (Not already suggested) or nothing.

I also thought about the theme since there is a number of GIMP users and a number of PS users…and even some who use others; maybe the theme could be Program vs Program, meaning that the sig must promote GIMP or PS or what ever program you use. The sigs would only contain something that showed the superior nature of that program. (Your best sig is not what I am talking about) I mean sig would have to have the program you use’s name in it somewhere and it must show the range of abilities of the program (filters, smudging, blending, layers, etc…)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast