View Poll Results: Theme was "3 colours". Who shows the best talent this week?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pyro_psyco

2 8.00%
  • deftbeat

8 32.00%
  • FLawEdmiNd

2 8.00%
  • Ky-lyrra

0 0%
  • Mr. K

3 12.00%
  • Shinku no kage

3 12.00%
  • abcdefghijkl123

2 8.00%
  • equinn

0 0%
  • KimiFemi

0 0%
  • Darkened_Star

2 8.00%
  • alukard_kamui89

0 0%
  • chiefblackhammer

3 12.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Voting: SOTW Mar 26th - Apr 1st (3 colours)

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Voting: SOTW Mar 26th - Apr 1st (3 colours)

Dragon Ball I think you left out my entry... ^_^;...

Otaku Reese may be famous one day Reese may be famous one day
    Thanks

I voted for Chiefblackhammer. It's awesome and I love the superman theme! O.o

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Rave_Grip, I saw your sig but it was more than 3 colours.

I can see blue, white, orange, yellow, beige and black. That's what I see to the naked eye anyway.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

In art black, white, and beige are not colors they are neutrals. Also that beige has a decided orange saturation and the yellow is actually a tint of orange as well. As such I only see two colors, orange and blue. It was very well done and fit into the guidelines as you gave them.

My professional opinion anyway.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    In art black, white, and beige are not colors they are neutrals. Also that beige has a decided orange saturation and the yellow is actually a tint of orange as well. As such I only see two colors, orange and blue. It was very well done and fit into the guidelines as you gave them.

My professional opinion anyway.
    If you read the entire submission thread Here you will see that DB stated Black & White would be considered colors on page 4 or so. He asked someone to redo their sig as they had more the 3 colors. That person used black and white as well as some other colors and DB stated he should have been clearer what constituted a color. He then implied that Black and White were considered colors for this contest (derived meaning as he did not state this verbatim).

From a technical position since Science and Physics define what color actually is and not Art class, whether or not Black and White are colors can be left up to one's personal position on what color actually is (read page three of the submission thread for further clarification).

DB chose to look at it as if they were colors so end of story?

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks

it was hard too choose but in the end i chose shinku i have to say to grude background and the render blend quite nicely with the colors i hope to see more of these in future SOTW's

.:Seize The World With Knowlegde:.

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    If you read the entire submission thread Here you will see that DB stated Black & White would be considered colors on page 4 or so. He asked someone to redo their sig as they had more the 3 colors. That person used black and white as well as some other colors and DB stated he should have been clearer what constituted a color. He then implied that Black and White were considered colors for this contest (derived meaning as he did not state this verbatim).

From a technical position since Science and Physics define what color actually is and not Art class, whether or not Black and White are colors can be left up to one's personal position on what color actually is (read page three of the submission thread for further clarification).

DB chose to look at it as if they were colors so end of story?
    It's his site so of course it's his call but technically they are not colors. Nor is it just a matter of art class. If you look at color programs you will notice there is no section in the color selection for black, white, or brown. they are all shades, tints, and tones of the hue's available. Browns are tones of oranges which is the main color used in the signature. At most there is 3 colors in the image if you include white (in spite of the above) since the darker tones in the graphic is clearly shades of orange as well which he specifically said was admissible. "Shades of colours were acceptable."

Unless Rave_Grip was informed ahead of time that his signature was unacceptable I would personally consider the decision unfair and will refrain form voting because of it.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    It's his site so of course it's his call but technically they are not colors. Nor is it just a matter of art class. If you look at color programs you will notice there is no section in the color selection for black, white, or brown. they are all shades, tints, and tones of the hue's available. Browns are tones of oranges which is the main color used in the signature. At most there is 3 colors in the image if you include white (in spite of the above) since the darker tones in the graphic is clearly shades of orange as well which he specifically said was admissible. "Shades of colours were acceptable."

Unless Rave_Grip was informed ahead of time that his signature was unacceptable I would personally consider the decision unfair and will refrain form voting because of it.
    Yea that's what I also though about white and black. I knew they we're neutrals and not colors. So basically.......I'm confused about this SOTW >__>;;

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast