View Poll Results: Theme was "3 colours". Who shows the best talent this week?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pyro_psyco

2 8.00%
  • deftbeat

8 32.00%
  • FLawEdmiNd

2 8.00%
  • Ky-lyrra

0 0%
  • Mr. K

3 12.00%
  • Shinku no kage

3 12.00%
  • abcdefghijkl123

2 8.00%
  • equinn

0 0%
  • KimiFemi

0 0%
  • Darkened_Star

2 8.00%
  • alukard_kamui89

0 0%
  • chiefblackhammer

3 12.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Voting: SOTW Mar 26th - Apr 1st (3 colours)

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Voting: SOTW Mar 26th - Apr 1st (3 colours)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    It's his site so of course it's his call but technically they are not colors. Nor is it just a matter of art class. If you look at color programs you will notice there is no section in the color selection for black, white, or brown. they are all shades, tints, and tones of the hue's available. Browns are tones of oranges which is the main color used in the signature. At most there is 3 colors in the image if you include white (in spite of the above) since the darker tones in the graphic is clearly shades of orange as well which he specifically said was admissible. "Shades of colours were acceptable."

Unless Rave_Grip was informed ahead of time that his signature was unacceptable I would personally consider the decision unfair and will refrain form voting because of it.
    Again you are speaking in ART terms and not science/physics which actually have the right to define color… Black, White and Grey are considered Achromatic colors in the scientific community and “color” actually deals with the ability of a given object to refract light on spectral color separation. A common theory is that White, Black and the shades of Grey are simply the refraction of light that we cannot measure and/or cannot perceive through the eyes thus to us (our minds) they hold no hue and are considered Achromatic.

However if we are to take the “ART” approach then you have to specify what “color” scheme you are using. If you are using RYB then technically everything is just 3 colors as orange is simply some mixture of “red,” “yellow” and “blue” thus making it a “shade/tint” like wise white is the complete absence of all three “colors” and black is the “divergence” of three colors making them “shades/tints.” At most you could consider white separate or not a color as it is actually the complete absence of the three actual colors and could never be produced using the RYB color wheel. However it should be stated that Moses Harris in 1766 published two color wheels which delt with “tints” and “shades” of which he include black in one and white in the other.

RYB possibilities:

If you use CMYK it is basically the same deal with a slight twist on what the primary colors are:

CMYK possibilities:

Irregardless black, white and grey are included on the default color palates/matrixes in ALL programs, Photoshop, MS Paint, Gimp, etc…

If you don’t want to vote then no one is making you but I don’t like your reason for it. DB did state that he was considering Black and White as colors in the submission thread and if anyone had a question about their entry they could have PMed him about it a head of time.

Just because Rave didn't get a personal response stating his wasn't acceptable isn't a reason to not vote.

If my entry would have been DQ’ed then I would still vote and I would not be upset about it, Rave made a very nice sig and while unfortunate he has nothing to be upset about.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

I see the confusion by all, and apologies to Rave_Grip that your sig was not included. It was mentioned in my original thread that black and white were considered colours for the purpose of this contest.

This topic would definitely make a good debate. After doing a search on "is black a color", I came up with varying opinions.

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

yea... uhh mine wasn't posted either and no one said anything about mine voilating the rules.... im sure i put it in the gallery.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    Just because Rave didn't get a personal response stating his wasn't acceptable isn't a reason to not vote.
    If he wasn't told how is he to know considering that Dragonball said that "shades" were acceptable and the only "black" in the signature is shades of orange?

That is what a shade is, black added to a hue/color. Why say that someone can use them then punish them for doing so?

You may think it is foolish but since the signature is a masterful composition of using different shades, tints, and tones of orange I will stand by my decision.

I will only add that it makes no sense to me to have an art/graphic contest and then say that art rules don't apply because science thinks that black, grey, and white might be something that we can't measure. You may call it achromatic but the instant you say "they hold no hue" you are saying it isn't a color since hue is the name for color. Take another look at your color charts in photoshop. You will not find black, gray, or white in a separate color chart. You will only find them as Shades (black), Tones (gray), and Tints (white) that can be added to the Hue's (color). Nor is there a need to state which color theory is being used unless your only point is to confuse the issue so you can make your own rules rather then using accepted artistic definitions. Dragon Ball doesn't need to do that since he's in charge and makes the rules. What's your reason?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku deftbeat may be famous one day deftbeat may be famous one day deftbeat's Avatar
    Thanks

didn't knew the black or white could make such a fuzz.. XD
    well anyways it can be a debate topic like DB said..

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deftbeat View Post
    didn't knew the black or white could make such a fuzz.. XD
    well anyways it can be a debate topic like DB said..
    Hee hee xD You said fuzz.

Well my vote went to Flaw because of the contrast and brightness on her signature. It was beautiful......those lips look kissable o___o;;

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

From what I see is blue, white, yellow, orange, tan and black. That is 6 unless you want the black to be considered part of the orange. Then that is 5 colors that I see. It is a lovely submission but I don't know what to think.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Even disregarding the black shades, I still see 4 colors I think.............anyways, it's just one week, no need to debate over it and argue. Rave will simply have to do a great job for the next one and kick all your butts for revenge, lol.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast