View Poll Results: Theme was "3 colours". Who shows the best talent this week?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pyro_psyco

2 8.00%
  • deftbeat

8 32.00%
  • FLawEdmiNd

2 8.00%
  • Ky-lyrra

0 0%
  • Mr. K

3 12.00%
  • Shinku no kage

3 12.00%
  • abcdefghijkl123

2 8.00%
  • equinn

0 0%
  • KimiFemi

0 0%
  • Darkened_Star

2 8.00%
  • alukard_kamui89

0 0%
  • chiefblackhammer

3 12.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Voting: SOTW Mar 26th - Apr 1st (3 colours)

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Voting: SOTW Mar 26th - Apr 1st (3 colours)

Why make such a fuzz over all this and if my sig is the reason just remove it *rather annoyed*

My name's not on the poll v__v;

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

well this was a hard one to vote on but i did pick on that i liked. nice job every one
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    If he wasn't told how is he to know considering that Dragonball said that "shades" were acceptable and the only "black" in the signature is shades of orange?

That is what a shade is, black added to a hue/color. Why say that someone can use them then punish them for doing so?

You may think it is foolish but since the signature is a masterful composition of using different shades, tints, and tones of orange I will stand by my decision.

I will only add that it makes no sense to me to have an art/graphic contest and then say that art rules don't apply because science thinks that black, grey, and white might be something that we can't measure. You may call it achromatic but the instant you say "they hold no hue" you are saying it isn't a color since hue is the name for color. Take another look at your color charts in photoshop. You will not find black, gray, or white in a separate color chart. You will only find them as Shades (black), Tones (gray), and Tints (white) that can be added to the Hue's (color). Nor is there a need to state which color theory is being used unless your only point is to confuse the issue so you can make your own rules rather then using accepted artistic definitions. Dragon Ball doesn't need to do that since he's in charge and makes the rules. What's your reason?
    I can't believe you would actually think I would try to confuse anything or make up my own rules, I must say that deeply hurts me...I thought you knew me better then that. I was merely expressing my thoughts and ideas backed up with actual content from not only the science community but the art community as well. In an effort to establish why Black and White CAN be considered colors. Further more RYG and CYMK are taught in thousands of art classes abroad and I do believe I used both schemes in my argument...both of which contain...black as a possible out come of the meshing of colors.

Simply stating ART rules apply confuses things to me because there are several color schemes which look at colors differently and I am sorry but you are wrong it isn't just hue that defines color, there is saturation and brightness as well...the combination of the three in the art community defines a color not just one element of it.

As far as the photoshop comment here is a screen shot of the default settings of the color and swatches palate in photoshop CS. BOTH contain Black, White and Grey as individual selections not just something you can add to a selected color.

I have nothing further to say.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    I can't believe you would actually think I would try to confuse anything or make up my own rules, I must say that deeply hurts me...I thought you knew me better then that. I was merely expressing my thoughts and ideas backed up with actual content from not only the science community but the art community as well. In an effort to establish why Black and White CAN be considered colors. Further more RYG and CYMK are taught in thousands of art classes abroad and I do believe I used both schemes in my argument...both of which contain...black as a possible out come of the meshing of colors.
    Yes, a meshing of colors not a color of it's own. What else am I to think when you have done this before. I express my professional opinion and you tell me I'm full of it in a way that completely ignores my reasons. I am more then a little hurt by it myself. (BTW. This is what I was referring to with the photoshop color charts rather then the simplified selection you have shown.)

Rather then adding any accusations let me explain myself fully and then be done with it. If you take a picture (any picture) and look at it, what creates depth, highlights, shadows, and shape? It is the shades, tones, and tints in the image. If you take away the color you will still have a picture. It will be a black and white picture but a picture nonetheless. But if you took the black and white from the picture say... this one: Baby Picture you no longer have a picture you have a blue square. This signature (my favorite of the submissions) would only be a purple smear. That is not a three colored picture it is a monochromatic picture, a picture with one/mono color/chrome. The instant you say that a picture can only have three colors and two of them are black and white then you do not have three colors you have a monochromatic color scheme.

And that is what it is called no matter what color theory you are looking at be it oil, pencils, or computers.

Still when all is said and done it is still DB's call and rules. I just merely reserve my right to disagree. Pity, I was looking forward to seeing what people would do with an actual three toned signature.
    Last edited by Arrianna; Apr 04, 2007 at 12:28 AM.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

There is like five thousand colors on Rave's signature! How in the world did it get by the "three colors" rule?? It's awesome, don't get me wrong.. but still. There is red, white, black, orange, tan.. ah well. Nicely done, rave.

I ended up voting for Pyro_psyco, however. The signature is absolutely amazing ( as are the others ) and it did go with only three colors visible to the naked eye. Deftbeat's is amazing as well.. but it is just too dark. I love the sig, but I think there's too much black. Nicely done everyone, and good luck.

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

I voted for deftbeat. I like the idea of coming out of the dark. It fits the theme of three colors as well. ^_^

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

It would have been better if I didn't mention it. Just remove my signature
    I only put different shades, why bother.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    It would have been better if I didn't mention it. Just remove my signature
    I only put different shades, why bother.
    Calm down, it's only a contest for fun. Plus yours was great, .
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast