View Poll Results: Theme was "Retro Gaming". Who shows the best talent this week?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xelhes

1 3.57%
  • Pyro Psycho

4 14.29%
  • iluvmyloser

5 17.86%
  • Spin Da Ish

1 3.57%
  • fooligar

10 35.71%
  • equinn

2 7.14%
  • zyta

5 17.86%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Voting: SOTW Nov 12 - 18 (Retro Gaming)

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Voting: SOTW Nov 12 - 18 (Retro Gaming)

Ugh...I dont mean to sound like a sore looser but...has anyone noticed that Fooligar has been winnin ALLL the SOTW's lately. Its very frustrating that i put all that work into my sig. took me hours and i dont even get half the votes...*sigh* this is the exact reason why i stopped participating in the SOTW here at Anime online in the first place
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Well then prehaps Xelhes, you'll just have to try harder. Your not going to get all the votes all the time, and besides the whole point of competing should be too have fun (considering there have never been any prizes), not just to get votes.

Embrace the competition man, it's awesome, this has forced me to step up a little in my skills for next SOTW and I love it. I also hate it because it's getting so much harder to vote XD

any who, I voted for Pryo. It was tough between fooligar, Zyta and Pryo but in the end I chose pyro because of the colour and groovey text and animation.

Great work everyone though, competition starting to get tough ^_^

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Xehles, your work is good and I'm sure it takes a lot of skill to do what you do. But you also need to consider what the voters or general audience want. I voted for zyta in this one. The reason I rarely vote for yours is that they always look too busy.

I think you look at the comments and try to gauge what other's want to see. I much prefer a simple and clean sig over a busy one any day. Skill is one thing, but to deliver what other's want to see is another.

A motto I like in life is the K.I.S.S. principle. (Keep It Simple Stupid).

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xelhes View Post
    Ugh...I dont mean to sound like a sore looser but...has anyone noticed that Fooligar has been winnin ALLL the SOTW's lately. Its very frustrating that i put all that work into my sig. took me hours and i dont even get half the votes...*sigh* this is the exact reason why i stopped participating in the SOTW here at Anime online in the first place
    So in other words, you stopped participating because of your jealousy and the fact that you're a sore loser?
    To stop trying is a sign of a loser mentality. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Fooligar is just really good at making signatures (and probably other computerized art). My vote went to Pyro Psycho though. Even though the overall quality of the signature is not very high (The "oldschool" line is really unnecessary as well.) he makes up for it in ambition. You tried some very nice things pyro psycho and even though the execution is a bit lacking you still get my vote for trying.

Fooligar, because of your obvious skills I'm scrutinizing you a bit more, don't take it the wrong way.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah only about three entries actually did want i originally wanted to do.(you cant see it now because of the little event me Tsu had :P ), but i wanted retro use, not just reference.

and dont feel to discouraged Xel, i win sotw on a very very rare basis, ex: last one i won was FreeStyle, i dont win ones that ask for what people really think ties in with the theme. but from my personal opinion, 80% of the time, Fooligar does deliver well themed sigs for SOTW, i applaud him for being a fresh face with a challenge to boot.

BUT that is the real challenge, is too make a piece of art that really follows a theme or request to the letter. i try to work on that, but i tend to make them what i think is awesome rather than relevant

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

*Sigh* i guess i just gotta try a bit harder..see heres where i mess up i use the theme but i dont stick to the theme. For example if the Theme is cars i use a car sure but i make it look mega awesome.....and some people dont want that i see....Well i just gotta learn still T~T
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

It was between equinn and iluvmyloser.

fooligar had an awesome sig as well, it had that Wow factor animation, but without the animation, it didn't speak to me as much as theirs. It is awesome, but fooligar's always are.

iluvmyloser's just kept my coming back. I like the color, and the dimensional feel of it. Very nice.

I know I still need work with mine, but I know what I like, and I really liked iluvmyloser's sig. Good luck!

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I voted for Zyta because I love Dolphins and the sig looks great! The colours really blended well and although the same colour was used the different shades really helped.

Then it would have been either Equinns or iluvmyloser Sonic was the first game I ever played and still love to play. Plus they had a good use of colours that helped make the the renders stand out more.

For me no offence Xehles but your sig looked too chaotic for my licking the only way I knew what game it was, was because of the text as it was a little hard to see the character/sprite that well
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast