Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Calling for more DJs and Listeners

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: DJ Extreme - AO's new Web Radio!

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro View Post
    perhaps a more aggressive wave of advertising would help?
    I still believe that the current advertising is inferior. I'm not sure if a whole new section is warranted, but quite frankly, no one ever looks at the calendar. Something needs to be done that is different and that would get more hits than posting on the calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    It's pretty logical that people would rather listen to what they like than the AO radio.

Also, could we have a way to display the DJ of the moment somewhere near the "now playing" bar?
    It's true that people would rather listen to their own music, but if we can alert them of the type of music that is to be played, people might start listening in. It's a radio after all, when you commit to listening to a station, you're not always going to get the song you want, nor will you expect what will be played next, but I think that's the fun of it, I mean, why do we listen to the radio? But it will need better advertising to work at all.

Secondly, I'd like to see members have jobs as DJs. Instead of only technically being one when you play. And yea, I like Skillz's idea of showing who the DJ is along with the song title.

As for myself, I'll only realistically be able to play on weekends, although I might be able to do an occasional Monday or Wednesday. I can't wait though. I'll be sure to dedicate some days to playing certain bands instead of just a genre.

For example, I'll be dedicating a day for Tool at some point. Though I never got 10,000 Days, I have their Aenema and Lateralus CD. I'll have to dedicate another day to Joe Satriani. And hell, I'll host some spanish nights too. Full of good latin music.

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

I was listening to it on monday and I wouldn't say it was bad, but there were only 6 or 7 songs that would just loop. So having a whole day dedicated to DBZ music would be fine and all as long as there was more diversity. I have yet to catch a DJ so I can't really comment on that yet. Though I think it would be fun if more people got involved.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post

For example, I'll be dedicating a day for Tool at some point. Though I never got 10,000 Days, I have their Aenema and Lateralus CD. I'll have to dedicate another day to Joe Satriani. And hell, I'll host some spanish nights too. Full of good latin music.
    I've already beat ya to it. ^_~ Check the dates for December.

I'd actually enjoy our own forum for the radio, Most of the members would get curious and go there.
    Seduced by Flesh

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2