Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Copyright music

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have a question about the music that can be played...
    I know that downloaded music is not aloud, but some cd's have a sign on tha back that: @ 2007 Warner Music Denmark. Made in EU by Warner music manufacturing Europe. Unauthorized copying, Hiring, Lending, Public performance and broadcasting of this record prohibited

cd's with that sign on the bag, is that aloud to be played??

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Question about DJing

Well then playing that music here is prohibited as it clearly says "No Public Performance". Pity.....

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Copyright music

well... Then where do you buy your uncopyrated music

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Thing is, most cd's say that, But here's a loop hole to international copyright law (or any law for that matter). Another country can not force another to obey its laws. For example, a US company cannot sue a Canadian citizen for breaking the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Whats illegal in Denmark, isn't in other countries.

I've got on my desk here my Copy of Fort Minor's The Rising Tied, which is distributed by Time Warner Canada (Same parent company). On the back , it states what you can and cannot do with it. In this case, it sates that Unauthorized copying, reproduction and rental is prohibited by law. It doesn't say I can't play it publicly.

Since Animeonline is located in the continental United States, it cannot be held accountable for Danish law.

Alucard_ML, you personally wouldn't be able to play your copy of the music on AO's radio because you can be held accountable for your countries laws, but others can play the same music that you aren't, simply because they bought their copy in another country and aren't bound by the same restrictions.

Also, you can't buy un-copyrighted material, all music is copyrighted, and will stay that way until 50 years after the death of the original copyright holder.

Thanks

So if i get my brother to buy some music in say Japan or England, then i could play it here, but if i buy some in Denmark, then i can't play it here... Right?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

From the sound of Denmark Copyright law, public exhibition of copyrighted work with out permission is illegal, although, I highly doubt they would do anything about unless you were making a profit from it.

To answer your question, No, he wouldn't be able too, because even though he bought the material in another country, he wouldn't be able to publicly play it.

To put it more plainly, You can buy Pot in Amsterdam, but you can't smoke it in the States.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Thing is, most cd's say that, But here's a loop hole to international copyright law (or any law for that matter). Another country can not force another to obey its laws. For example, a US company cannot sue a Canadian citizen for breaking the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Whats illegal in Denmark, isn't in other countries.

I've got on my desk here my Copy of Fort Minor's The Rising Tied, which is distributed by Time Warner Canada (Same parent company). On the back , it states what you can and cannot do with it. In this case, it sates that Unauthorized copying, reproduction and rental is prohibited by law. It doesn't say I can't play it publicly.

Since Animeonline is located in the continental United States, it cannot be held accountable for Danish law.

Alucard_ML, you personally wouldn't be able to play your copy of the music on AO's radio because you can be held accountable for your countries laws, but others can play the same music that you aren't, simply because they bought their copy in another country and aren't bound by the same restrictions.

Also, you can't buy un-copyrighted material, all music is copyrighted, and will stay that way until 50 years after the death of the original copyright holder.
    Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    From the sound of Denmark Copyright law, public exhibition of copyrighted work with out permission is illegal, although, I highly doubt they would do anything about unless you were making a profit from it.

To answer your question, No, he wouldn't be able too, because even though he bought the material in another country, he wouldn't be able to publicly play it.

To put it more plainly, You can buy Pot in Amsterdam, but you can't smoke it in the States.

So... If i want to play music here if have to buy music that's not copyrighted or buy it in another country, but why can't my brother buy the music for me? It's still music from another country being played in another country, so the copyrights don't count really... Is this right, or am i way off

Thanks

Let me reiterate something.

you can't buy un-copyrighted material, all music is copyrighted, and will stay that way until 50 years after the death of the original copyright holder.

Its as simple as that.

The only thing that changes is the laws the govern them. Copyright law is different in other countries, and unfortunately, you have to obey the laws in your country, and the laws in Denmark say that you can't play copyrighted material in public. But like I said before, I highly doubt they would do anything about unless you were making a profit from it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast