+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please don't DJ over into someones slot

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Scheduled Slots Take Priority

Scheduled slots take priority over everyone. So if you hop on and play, be sure you do NOT go over into someones scheduled slot.

Thank you.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Please don't DJ over into someones slot

Yup, thanks guys. I'll be sure to watch for someone's spot.
    Seduced by Flesh

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

And keep in mind if you're not a staff member you HAVE TO register on the calendar first and get approval. We love to have constant dj-ing on the forums, but at the same tiems there are and will be people who would love to try.

Quoting DB, "Cheers."

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

Well I don't think that was the issue, at least from what I was reading here, seeing myself, and hearing from some of the involved moderators. For the past 2 days the radio has been dominated by what seemed to be 1 or 2 individuals for very large chunks of time, we're talking more than 2-4 hours here.

Now it's great and all that members want to share the music they like, but to pretty much dominate it is unfair to other members who are qualified to play and want to play. Plus listeners can listen to a single genre or two for only so long. I know PMing someone to get off who is already playing for a while is an option for those who want to get on, but it's not the most efficient nor effective manner to let others on since not everybody checks the PMs at the same rate of consistency.

I think in order to prevent large amounts of unscheduled time from being hogged, a 1-2 hour limit should be in place for unscheduled broadcasting and then a 30-60 minute break period afterwards, allowing for any others who may want to jump on. Then if nobody comes on during that break period, you could go back on following that break period for another 1-2 hours.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't want any member to feel left out of shairing their music but skillz out of the 56,000 some odd members on this board there are really only 5 people that DJ Thats Dragonball, Foreverinyourarms, Kasai, you and myself. If there was more willing to DJ I would see a problem with someone taking up the DJing spot all they wanted to but its not fair to the one DJing to be bullied into stopping

I feeli i it wasn't for Foreverinyourarms to say "I want to DJ I don't like seeing the serverdown what if others want to listen to music" We would of taken the system down by now. She has helped us out with teh DJing. you got to understand they got to post for a request on the calendar to get to DJ. you and Kasai are teh only ones that post so whatst he big deal?

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverinyourarms View Post
    i just try to help out anyway i can and it seems that if i have some type of music on it will be ok you know im getting more of a variety but i know that ppl like anime music so i started there...im not trying to dominate the DJ slots its just look i know when i want to listen to something i go here first but if nothings playing then what so i try to keep something playing
    And Dragonball and I have thanked you for thehelp forever. Im glad you are one DJing the radio too. Means less crappy musig from me LOL Its nice to have a veriaty of music on the site. ^_^

To Kasai I have told you that its no use figinght me and DB over the disision we have made I agree members should be allowed to play Bug no one but you or Skillz has ever really been intrested in it.

I will be redoing the time slots maybe when Dragonball gets back I can have it runnimg smothly so everyone is happy that wanst to DJ.

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

Uh...I never made it out to be a big issue. I'm just saying it appears that the unclaimed time needs some more structure to it or else you could easily have 1 person dominating all that unclaimed time. Just cause there aren't that many members participating so far, doesn't mean the unclaimed time still shouldn't have any guidelines or rules in the interest of fairness. Nor does it mean the issue should be addressed later rather than now. We've already seen numerous posts from other members who aren't qualified yet that want to play their music so why not address it now?

And the whole "bullying" thing is precisely why a rules needs to be in place for the unclaimed time. Nobody should have to PM the current DJ that they want to play, as it could easily be construed by the current DJ as "bullying" and it just isn't an efficient way of doing things.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kasai View Post
    Yup, thanks guys. I'll be sure to watch for someone's spot.
    My only post in this thread; until now that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra View Post

To Kasai I have told you that its no use figinght me and DB over the disision we have made
    This comment was not needed. My opinion lays within the boundaries of Skillz'.
    Seduced by Flesh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast