Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anime of the Month (Oct.2006)

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime of the Month (Oct.2006)

Full Metal Alchemist

As late as it is in the month I am going to make this one for October. Normally I would not allow this one since it is the ending of the series but since FMA has run completely through twice now on CN I believe most have seen it. Special thanks to Demon Spawn for picking this one!

Quote Originally Posted by DEMON SPAWN

Type: movie
    Directed by Seiji Mizushima
    Written by Shô Aikawa
    Distributed by Aniplex
    Official Website: Fullmetal Alchemist The Movie - Conqueror of Shamballa

Synopsis:
    The movie's story is set two years after the events of the FMA TV series's last episode. Dragged from his homeworld to this world, Edward Elric lives in Munich,Germany, in the year of 1923. Stripped of his alchemical powers and some of his limbs (from his previous journey through the Gate), he has spent all this time researching rocketry together with Alphonse Heiderich a young man who resembles his own brother.
    It seems that Earth is a parrallel world to his, as Edward encounters many people whose faces are familiar to him. After lending a hand to Noa, a troubled Roma woman, Edward is thrown in a series of events that can open him a path to return to his homeworld, and a conspiracy that can bring serious consequences to both worlds.
    Unaware of Edward's situation, Alphonse Elric ventures deeper into the mysteries of alchemy in search of a way to reunite with his older brother.

Available @
    To buy:
    wal-mart
    Best buy
    To rent:
    Blockbuster
    Netfliks

This is one of my fav anime movies of all time and I think everyone should see it!

the quiz will be held on **TBA**

Thread is open for dicussion!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime of the Month (Oct.2006)

Grumble Grumble Grumble

It's not often that Anime movie spin-offs receive any significant awards, but the FMA movie as a major exception to this, as it took the Grand Prize at this years Tokyo Anime Festival, which does say something about this movie...

(Personally I've haven't see it yet, as I'm waiting for my brother to pick up the last 3 DVDs of the TV series before viewing this movie...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally, I haven't seen the anime either. I've read the first few chapters of the manga though, but that was a pretty long time ago. It's a shame this anime's never been shown in Australia before. Ack, let's hope I can make some time for this in the upcoming holidays.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble???
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel View Post
    Personally, I haven't seen the anime either. I've read the first few chapters of the manga though, but that was a pretty long time ago. It's a shame this anime's never been shown in Australia before. Ack, let's hope I can make some time for this in the upcoming holidays.
    It hasn't??? Because Madman has their FMA website up and running... FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: Madman (Australia) website
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

I love this anime I just hate how they end it, it has such a great plot too.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fma1012 View Post
    I love this anime I just hate how they end it, it has such a great plot too.
    Really, I heard the movie was the "perfect" ending to the series...or do you mean that the way the series ended normally? Eitherway, I just ordered the movie so hopefully soon!!!

Otaku DEMON SPAWN may be famous one day DEMON SPAWN may be famous one day DEMON SPAWN's Avatar
    Thanks

I love the FMA movie. I like how it gives you some closure. the series had a bad ending but the movie gave it a perfect ending

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    Really, I heard the movie was the "perfect" ending to the series...or do you mean that the way the series ended normally? Eitherway, I just ordered the movie so hopefully soon!!!

No, the movie was "perfect" its just that in the end they leave and a lot of people cares about them so yea.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast