Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anime Recommendations

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime Recommendations

Hello fellow members of the Anime Fanatics Clan! As the title suggests, this thread is to be used to request anime (or manga) recommendations from other members of the Anime Fanatics Clan. However, you cannot merely list an anime. Our clan's leader has granted us this thread, but not without a few restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    ...I will not only delete crap list threads I will hand out warnings. Discussion is a must on AO. So have a description & a reason why we should watch it. (The reason needs to say more then "I thought it was cool" FYI.
    So, be warned - we want constructive posts, not pointless discussions.

If you're not sure how this works, here's a few pointers: do not just ask for a good anime to watch - be a bit specific about which type of anime you're looking for. Example - "I'm looking for a good action series with a touch of romance in it." You're more likely to gain better recommendations that way.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Recommendations

I am looking for some new anime to invest into. Action wise the s-Cry-ed Complete Collection is coming out in October and I have heard it was pretty good but haven't really spoken to anyone that has seen it. In the Romance section I heard about Gravitation TV Series Collection which also comes out in october. Has anyone seen these that can solidfy there worth or can anyone recommend a worth while series for me to start watching.

So that you don't go off listing anime I have already seen here is a list of what I have seen.

http://www.freewebs.com/chiefblackhammer/index.htm

Otaku Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Re: Anime Recommendations

For action and romance I recommend Princess TuTu. I saw a few episodes I love it but that's not why recommended it I say this one because it has those two things.

Temari: Naruto's own Wind Charmer.

Otaku Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm watching E'S otherwise right now its basically just like s-cry-ed but instead of altars its physcic abilities but I think it might have SOME(using lightly)romance in it but so far its been preety good for me ^__^

but yah I plan on getting the s-cry-ed box set soon it wqas SOOOOO kick a**

sorry but for the romance one can't help ya chief~
    (-)4(|< 7(-)3 P14|\|37

Newbie legacy2Bwritten may be famous one day legacy2Bwritten may be famous one day legacy2Bwritten's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, fullmetal panic is good. It deals with mecha, and yeah a bit of romance but more action and comedy. It's pretty good not my favorite but good To explain it with more detail, a guy by the name of sasuke sagura(17) who was orinally suposed to protect a girl who posseses the some special powers called a whisper. After attending school with her he manages to grow feeling for her but is also a very dedicated man to his group(mercenaries team). He struggles with himself to decide whats more important and gives up his relationship with her for his team... the story goes on but I don't want to spoil it

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    I am looking for some new anime to invest into. Action wise the s-Cry-ed Complete Collection is coming out in October and I have heard it was pretty good but haven't really spoken to anyone that has seen it. In the Romance section I heard about Gravitation TV Series Collection which also comes out in october. Has anyone seen these that can solidfy there worth or can anyone recommend a worth while series for me to start watching.
    I haven't seen s-Cry-ed before, so I can't say much on that, but as for Gravitation, it's a great series if you're looking for a good romance anime to watch. You might find that there are a lot more females fans of Gravitation than there are of males, because Gravitation contains boy-on-boy love, but there are males who watch/read it as well. Many assume that Gravitation is yaoi, but it is not - it's BL (Boy's Love). For a more detailed explanation of what yaoi and BL are, have a read of innerhell's post here. Just scroll down a bit, and try to ignore the... rash language.

I don't want to give too much away right now, but I'll tell you what I thought of the anime - it was the first BL anime I had ever watched, and I loved it. It might have to do with the fact that I'm a female, but even so, there are a many males who enjoyed it as well. The two main characters really are incredible - you'll find it hard not to adore the two of them to death. Now that you've mentioned this anime, I might write a review for it and post it up in the anime reviews section of the forum.

Hmm, that might have to wait for a while. At the moment, I really need to do something about my sunburnt face - ugh, it's killing me. XP

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok i'm also looking for a new anime to, well the kind I want to see it has to action,drama, and a little romance.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Otaku DEMON SPAWN may be famous one day DEMON SPAWN may be famous one day DEMON SPAWN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fma1012 View Post
    Ok i'm also looking for a new anime to, well the kind I want to see it has to action,drama, and a little romance.
    you should see howls moving castle

18-year-old Sophie works in a hat shop and lacks confidence and direction. Her chance encounter with the handsome but mysterious wizard Howl results in Sophie being turned into a 90-year-old woman by the vain and manipulative Wicked Witch of the Waste. On self-imposed exile, Sophie finds shelter in Howl’s moving castle; a mobile, chaotic ensemble of metal scraps but a feat of magical engineering nonetheless. Inside the castle, Sophie encounters Markl, Howl’s eight-year-old apprentice, an animated scarecrow whom Sophie names Turniphead, and Calcifer, a feisty, smart-talking fire demon who plays a key role in Howl’s intrinsic being. Sophie’s love and support comes to have a major impact on Howl, who, while a grown man, is still a boy in many ways.

it is one of the best anime movies ever it has action,
    adventure, romance. you will love!
    Last edited by DEMON SPAWN; Sep 04, 2006 at 05:39 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast