Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Anime Recommendations

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Anime Recommendations

Has anyone recommended Saiyuki yet? It is very cool (slightly violent; rated "OT+ for a reason). There are nine books in the first part, it is continued in the "Saiyuki Reload" series (which consists of four books as of right now).

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    Has anyone recommended Saiyuki yet? It is very cool (slightly violent; rated "OT+ for a reason). There are nine books in the first part, it is continued in the "Saiyuki Reload" series (which consists of four books as of right now).
    Tell us more about the series and why we would want to watch it!

I fully agree with Len, 'Gankutsuou' is the best anime I have seen this year (just got to finish that last disc ) and would highly recommend it to anyone that likes a “total package” type of anime. The story is deep; characters are complex and very relatable. The GFXs are awesome and it has a truly unique style.

@ Pyramus spoilers don't belong in a "recommendations" section and DL's to licensed anime is against site rules to be care from now on

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, the school holidays are coming up in a few days, and I want a few recommendations on either anime or manga. I'm looking for a comedy romance set in modern times (i.e. - not a century ago lol) that runs for 26 episodes or less. I've already seen the following;

- Aishiteruze Baby
    - Peach Girl
    - Marmalade Boy
    - Kare Kano
    - Fruits Basket
    - Fushigi Yuugi
    - Gravitation
    - DN Angel
    - Chrno Crusade
    - Ah! My Goddess
    - Tsubasa Chronicles
    - Paradise Kiss
    - Chobits
    - Air

Don't forget to tell me why I should watch/read it, and if you can, provide a brief synopsis.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Oh Gee, from that list it looks like your a touchy feely Shoujo type of person.... so going from your list, I would recommened...

Cardcaptor Sakura... The Manga series that was the personal favorite CLAMP writing team, so much that they bought the main characters back as teenagers for 'Tsubasa Chronicles'. CLAMP cared so much about this series, that for the Anime NHK (Japanese Public Broadcasting) anime series (70 episodes plus 2 theatrical movie releases), members of CLAMP did the designs for the Clow Card Spirits, the battle costumes, and wrote the series story and episode scripts... (But avoid the horribly butchered Cardcaptors series...) GENON USA has both movies out, as well as two collection bricks for the entire series...

Another touchy feely CLAMP based series would be the CLAMP first attempt at a Shounen series (even if the main character is a girl), which is 'Angelic Layer', which is currently licensed and distributed by ADV Films... The story is about a middle-school girls quest to meet her long lost mother, but get's side tracked into becoming a leading competitor in the national Angelic Layer competition. (Plus you get to find out the what the picture on the dresser in one of the last episodes of Chobits refers to...)
    Angelic Layer - On a Wing and a Player!: ADV Films Website

Another Shoujo Romance series you might like would be the tale of a young teenage girl who goes off by her self to the big city to apprentice for her magic users license.... (that's right...) The story of "Someday's Dreamers" is slow, and gushing with emotions, so it sounds like something rightup your alley...
    Someday's Dreamers: GENEON USA Website
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the recommendations! I've seen a few episodes of Card Captor Sakura, but didn't especially like it lol. I think I'll take a look into Angel Layer and Someday's Dreamers. They sound pretty interesting. Thanks again!

Otaku BlackRoze may be famous one day BlackRoze may be famous one day BlackRoze's Avatar
    Thanks

well....there is alway D.Gray-Man comming out on October 6th.
    This anime is about a boy exorcist in an organization fighting demons with a special weapon of his. It is like taking FMA, Naruto, Death Note, One Piece, and Bleach and shoving them all into an anime goodness. So ya. Check it out.
    u know u like him

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

I'm looking for anime as well. I want some gore, action, deception, with a hint of romance. I would prefer if they didn't have any guns ( I would rather see people cut, stabbed, etc. but I guess guns are o.k.) Just so you know i've seen: Bleach, Naruto, Berserk, Zatchbell, Noein, Dragonball, Dragonball Z, s-CRY-ed.

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Gods_Dragon View Post
    I'm looking for anime as well. I want some gore, action, deception, with a hint of romance. I would prefer if they didn't have any guns ( I would rather see people cut, stabbed, etc. but I guess guns are o.k.) Just so you know i've seen: Bleach, Naruto, Berserk, Zatchbell, Noein, Dragonball, Dragonball Z, s-CRY-ed.
    Well... if your into fighting moody teenagers with supernatural powers (like s-CRY-ed) you should take a look at 'GetBackers' which ADV Films have recently released in an affordable dual thin-pack... There is also the series in the 'Fighting High School' genre, such as 'Tenjho Tenge', and 'Ikki Tousen'... (though do be aware, that with typical 'Fighting High School' genre series, if you take away the fight scenes and the fanservice, there's not much of a story left...)

Now if you want more serious anime series with gore (like 'Berserk') you can try 'GunGrave' the life, death, and Zombie undead life story of a Mafia hitman. There's the excellent series called 'Gunslinger Girls', the slice of life story about a group of young innocent girls who are cybernetic enhanced assassins working for a secret government agency, And the violent and bloody 'Elfin Lied', which can be described as a dark harem series with moody homicidal girls... 'Gunslinger Girls' and 'Elfin Lied' are considered the best two US anime releases for last year. 'Gunslinger Girls' is already out in a collection set, with the 'Elfin Lied' thin pack due out by the end of November...

And speaking of guns, the only two 'Girls with Guns' genre that actually have a story to them, are the exceptional series 'Noir' and 'Madlax'. 'Noir' we have a anime series sub-forum posted, and is already out in thin pack collection..
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4