Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas!!!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Ideas!!!

Alright people time to get the ideas a rollin' This clan is about YOU the people and as leader I want to know your ideas, wants and deepest desirers!!! I have a few ideas and I want your input on them and to hear your thoughts as well!

This is my first idea, I will post more later but I want you all to get the gist of what I am looking for here. If you have an idea elaborate on it, don’t just say “We should have an Anime of the month!” Speak to the subject.

Example:
    I purpose an Anime of the month! I want to pick 1 title and have it as our anime of the month. If drawn from a series instead of an OVA/Movie it will be only 1 volume from that respective anime (I.E. Ah! My Goddess: Volume 6 - The Last Dance).

I will pick a member of the clan to have to do the anime of the month and what that member will be required to do is view the anime and post a Synopsis of it by the beginning of the month! (The synopsis must be written by the clan member, DO NOT STEAL A SYSNOPSIS FROM SOMEWHERE AND USE IT!)

Then all other members will have to watch the title during the month and we will have a contest of some sorts based on that anime at the end of the month...maybe a quiz, maybe something else, I don’t know yet. If you already have the title then great no cost for you, if not then it should not be a big strain to buy it (seriously is 20-26 bucks that hard to do in a month? I made that mowing yards in 1 day when I was 10 so come there shouldn’t be a fuss over this).

I want there to be an active discussion on the anime afterwards (which means more then "I liked it" or "Dude that sucked", the whole point is to introduce everyone to new/varying anime and for everyone to grow in their knowledge of the anime!!

This will have to follow site rules which means no hentai and I will stipulate that nothing of a mature nature should be picked either (hard for a 13 year old to buy something like that, not that I would want them to). Also I don't think we should pick Volumes later in a series before we have viewed the earlier volumes as that is just common sense to me.

Also given we all live in various parts of the world I would like to say that we should pick titles that have at least been released in the USA. That way it should be available to most members. If a title is picked and it isn’t available to someone then let me know immediately and I will do something about it.

This is all very loose but I want your input and then I will finalize it!!! Also on a last note, I may give out some sort of prize for the contest winner!

Otaku Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ideas!!!

^^^^^^^^VERY NICE IDEA its like a book club but with anime and of course there not books but hay that might be an idea could we do manga to we won't have to buy it but theres libraries!!!!

CAN I be the first to choose !!!!!!!!! the anime of the month????!?!?!?!?~?!?!?!?!!?

but still thats a REALLY good Idea but I'm not totally sure I understand the money situation I'd gladly put in money but hay let me now
    (-)4(|< 7(-)3 P14|\|37

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper66
    ^^^^^^^^VERY NICE IDEA its like a book club but with anime and of course there not books but hay that might be an idea could we do manga to we won't have to buy it but theres libraries!!!!

CAN I be the first to choose !!!!!!!!! the anime of the month????!?!?!?!?~?!?!?!?!!?

but still thats a REALLY good Idea but I'm not totally sure I understand the money situation I'd gladly put in money but hay let me now
    Well actually if the group (which seems to have disappeared on me) accepts the idea then I planned on assigning the months by member number (easy way to keep up with who has done it and who is left to do it) but we can spice that up anyway we want. I am still going to go first because I want people to see how I would like it to be done, but if you want dibs on the second month no problem!

The money thing is like this. In order to watch the anime they need to have the anime. For the most part that is going to cost $$$. That is easy for me but may not be for others. By doing it once a month they should be able to save enough to get the title, either by buying it or renting it (if the title is available at like a Blockbuster). I understand this may not be possible for everyone, so if it is the case that they simply cannot get their hands on the title then I just wanted them to let me know so I can find other ways for them to participate.

Newbie legacy2Bwritten may be famous one day legacy2Bwritten may be famous one day legacy2Bwritten's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I like the idea so far. It seems acceptable, but as u said already where are the other members of the group. Is this something we will be voting for? Also, how manny people are needed to participate, maybe they are not informed.

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like a good idea to me! And hopefully everyone will come together to discuss everything ^-^ I can't wait til I get pick an anime!! Hehe
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Thanks

Ok everyone seems to like this idea so I have implemented it and now on to the next idea (EVERYONE CAN SUMBIT THEIR OWN IDEAS TOO YOU KNOW )

This is similar to the Anime of the Month; it is "Cold Shot" or "Feature of the Month." Basically I will pick a member of the clan (to begin with, the member chosen will pick the next member and so on) to have to do the "Cold Shot" or "Feature of the Month” and what that member will be required to do is pick anything related to anime and post a "report on it" by the beginning of the month, sort of like a feature on the product that will make people aware of it!

This can be a anime (series, title, ova, movie, particular episode, etc...), manga, animator, composer, CD, song, voice actor, publisher, ANYTHING as long as it relates to anime. The report you have to give is 3 parts:

1) Synopsis of series or Background on the song, artist, publisher, etc....
    (This is so we can know something about the thing you are featuring)

2) Your take on it (be detailed, I don't want to see "it is the coolest ever" )

3) Rating
    (The scale is up to you as long as we know "x" of how many they got on your scale, 5/10 for example. Also you will need to rate many aspects of the thing you are featuring. If it is a song, rate the overall, the style, effectiveness, how well it fits the series, etc....

You maybe wondering why I have 2 names for it. This is because the feature doesn't have to be good! If it is good, call it "Feature of the Month" if it is poor then in the immortal words of Stevie Ray Vaughn "that is a Cold Shot baby!"

Let me know what you think of this idea!!!

Newbie Atomic Muffin may be famous one day Atomic Muffin may be famous one day Atomic Muffin's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait so, just a little confusion on my part, but... So we need to view the anime you have posted right now and have a synopsis of it by the end of the month, right? So I should go buy Karas and view it before the 26th? Am I correct?
    §Myspace§

°Siggy by the wonderful Zaraki Kenpachi°

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Muffin
    Wait so, just a little confusion on my part, but... So we need to view the anime you have posted right now and have a synopsis of it by the end of the month, right? So I should go buy Karas and view it before the 26th? Am I correct?
    Yes and No, the goal is to introduce you to new anime so "YES" go buy/rent the anime and view it before the 26th. "NO" to the having a synopsis for it, I have already posted a synopsis for it in the Anime of the Month thread. All you need to do is watch the anime and be ready for the contest on the 26th! I will open the Anime of the Month thread on the 26th for the contest and then for general discussion of the anime I chose. Also I will pick the a member to chose another Anime for the Anime of the Month.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast