Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread: Ideas!!!

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ideas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    I don't see that we have enough active members for there to be any "load" on me...I mean we have maybe 10 active members... I wish we did a large group active...I get a lot of people asking to join but most of them just joined the site and they don't even bother trying the clan challenge...so there isn't much that makes me think they would be active. I am just to a point I don't know what to do. What do you people want? A contest? A clan challenge? Rice balls?
    Even if you started a contest or challenge, it's unlikely that more than 3 or 4 members would participate, if even (yes, I'm still a little ticked that no one bothered with Nov's AOTM). Besides playing Name that Anime and Who Am I, nobody seems interested in actually doing clan activities. Chief, perhaps you should start weeding out members who don't participate or at least make a couple of intelligent, anime-related posts in the clan area every few weeks. That way we could get down to a smaller group who do want to be active members.

And rice balls would be a great, thank you.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

I agree, I am a little intrigued about the clan challenge though. There hasn't been a challenge since I've become a member and I'm always ready for a challenge!!! Weeding out some of the non-active members would be a good idea. It would also be good if you updated the member listings, this way we would know who is a member. We may even know some of them and give them a little "encouragement" to be more active (lol). I'll brainstorm for some ideas this week and post them.... Maybe if you offered points for the winner of the contest to get people stirred up? Anywho, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey everyone! I'm really, really sorry for my abstained period of absence. I guess the only excuse I have is that I got carried away by the hassles of life.. again. In any case, I'm glad that the AF Clan hasn't been completely deserted!

The only idea I have that might help boost clan activity at this stage would be creating more anime-related game threads. The "Name that Anime!" thread is pretty successful, in my opinion. I do hope that more than 4 people will be able to participate though... o.o

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel View Post
    I'm glad that the AF Clan hasn't been completely deserted!

The only idea I have that might help boost clan activity at this stage would be creating more anime-related game threads. The "Name that Anime!" thread is pretty successful, in my opinion. I do hope that more than 4 people will be able to participate though... o.o
    It seems as though the disintegration of our clan is inevitable, and it'll probably be due to staff disbanding us for not being more active.

I like the game threads as much as anyone else, and I like that they're exclusive to the AF clan (and some mods who like to play), but it can't be the only thing we do. We need to show that we're serious about this, and it hasn't happened so far. I mean, we're supposed to be Anime Fanatics, but I have yet to see one real discussion about anime in the AF forum. Most of our members don't even bother posting in the Anime Series forum.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    Fanatics
    Maybe we have to make a thread about how spending so much time and money to get moar anime and how it hurts us. Like have us post about how we're pale people who get kicked out of their parents homes and are in debt. It would be a dramatic and ''attactive.''

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Laharl ex View Post
    Maybe we have to make a thread about how spending so much time and money to get moar anime and how it hurts us. Like have us post about how we're pale people who get kicked out of their parents homes and are in debt. It would be a dramatic and ''attactive.''
    "The Dark Side of Anime Addiction". I like it. It'd be interesting, and we'd at least be showing that we can have a mature conversation thread that doesn't degrade into "Yez Inuyasha roks".
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Maybe we should have a thread(s) that shows how elite we are in our tastes in anime. That way we can weed out normal people and others that are mentally healthy in the clan. It'll get the clan more interesting for new members.

Won't that make it more inactive? Death breeds life.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    Even if you started a contest or challenge, it's unlikely that more than 3 or 4 members would participate, if even (yes, I'm still a little ticked that no one bothered with Nov's AOTM). Besides playing Name that Anime and Who Am I, nobody seems interested in actually doing clan activities. Chief, perhaps you should start weeding out members who don't participate or at least make a couple of intelligent, anime-related posts in the clan area every few weeks. That way we could get down to a smaller group who do want to be active members.

And rice balls would be a great, thank you.
    I would love to "weed" or remove members but frankly I don't have that power. I only get to decide who gets in. Removing members is either done by the actual member or asking an admin....which I don't want to bother them with. As far as points go...I will offer them but I once offered a $35 prize and only 2 people joined in the contest...what good will points do when real $$$ doesn't seem to work?

As far as new threads, please create as many as you can think of as long as they don't break site rules!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9