Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is PNG the new JPEG?

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Is PNG the new JPEG?

Is it?

I've been noticing people using PNG more and more on websites and using JPEG less and less. Is the JPEG finally dying out?

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is PNG the new JPEG?

Yea, I've seen that often also. But I'll stick to old school. Hmm what is the difference? I see it the same =/

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

well PNg can also do some GIF things so it is kind of a file that mixing the best of the two into it. basically it is smaller than GIf, bigger than a JPEG, but does both, except no animation >.<

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

PNG is aslo used on renders and stocks so i like them for that reason if that makes any sense at all.
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Otaku -Ryo- may be famous one day -Ryo- may be famous one day -Ryo-'s Avatar
    Thanks

Ok let me clear the JPEG and PNG up lol

JPEG- is design for either full color (24bit) or black and white/grayscales of photos. JPEG is lacking when you make your tag and save it as a JPEG it isn't quite identical to what you see in Photoshop or any other program. Color details aren't perceived as well as small details of light or dark. So JPEG is best for portraits or photos of yourself,friends or places you visit.

PNG- is something that was new built so that it could replace the older GIF format (not the animation one) PNG supports up to 48bit of true color. For PNG when you save a file or resave it numerous times the quality will not be downgraded, but JPEG will be. So like I said PNG is just a replacement for GIF, yet it does not lose quality when saving a picture over time

JPEG supports - true color and grayscale
    PNG supports - truecolor, grayscale and palette-based

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I like PNG better than JPEG the quality is much better ^_^ thats why most people like it ;p

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I never knew all that -ryo-. I just stuck to jpg. because that's all I really knew. I have been using png. but only for transparent images and such..

Otaku -Ryo- may be famous one day -Ryo- may be famous one day -Ryo-'s Avatar
    Thanks

lol np me and my friend use to argue on which was better JPEG or PNG? so we just like gave facts on supporting each and it show PNG was better ^_^ but remember if its like pictures on your camera of somesort save it JPEG for better quality

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast