+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Azumanga Daioh Discussion

Otaku souichiro_arima may be famous one day souichiro_arima may be famous one day souichiro_arima's Avatar
    Thanks

Azumanga Daioh Discussion

Here, I'll give you a topic. What is all about Azumanga Daioh....??? Who is your favourite character(of course why???), Is this anime makes your blood chill??? I guest that will do... (Im asking this questions because I dont know this things...ehehehe )

"Bring salvation to akuma's soul."

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Azumanga Daioh Discussion

My answers to all but one of those questions is in the Official AD thread. Blood-chilling? Hardly, unless you're a high school girl with a teacher like Kimura.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku souichiro_arima may be famous one day souichiro_arima may be famous one day souichiro_arima's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, about kimura... I dont really know him/her.. I only saw the pictures of the girls, but not all... Can you give the summary of the first episode???

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Kimura is the sole reason I didn't barf all over my screen when I watched the anime. He's the saving grace of the whole series for me.

From Wikipedia:

Mr. Kimura (木村先生 Kimura-sensei)

The only male character seen regularly in the series, Kimura is the "creepy" Classical Japanese teacher. He openly admits to his students that the reason he became a teacher was because of the high-school girls; a fact he is constantly lewd and very open about - finding excuses to "observe" the girls' swimming class, loitering around the girls as they get measured/weighed by the school nurse. He especially likes Kaorin, much to her dismay. His eyes cannot be seen behind his glasses, and his mouth hangs open almost constantly; however, he did not always look this way. In his first appearance in the manga, he looked almost entirely normal, glasses and all. It is only when he is asked why he became a teacher and has his famous outburst about liking high school girls that he adopts his creepy, gaping-mouthed look, indicating that he may have had some sort of mental break. However, he still had the gaunt jaws, and he closes his mouth at times over the course of the manga. Only in the anime is he constantly open-mouthed. While most of female student body (and some of the faculty) intensely loathe him, male students admire and shown great appreciation for his "sincerity". Despite his lewd activities, he has shown tendencies to be a responsible and kind-hearted person. He recycles littered cans, donates frequently to charities and even offered 10,000 yen as an offering at a Shinto shrine to pray for world peace. He has a beautiful wife and daughter, who love him despite his strange obsession; his wife even claims to find him very handsome, and thinks "he's cool!"
    His voice actor (Kouji Ishii) is A+ material too.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Kimura is the sole reason I didn't barf all over my screen when I watched the anime. He's the saving grace of the whole series for me.
    I'm surprised you bothered with AD in the first place Hassun; even without knowing much about it, I figured it wasn't the ultra-violent, thought-provoking type of anime I do so love. I only gave it a try because all of the reviews I read were so positive, and it was on sale at ADV.

The first episode is the introduction of most of the characters (I don't recall Kimura in this one, but I could be wrong), especially Yukari and Chiyo-chan. There isn't really a summary to give because nothing happens; as I said before, this is just a look into the everyday lives of a few quirky high school girls.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Thanks

So, KImura is just the same as Onizuka in GTO, he wants to be a teacher because of High School girls??? But, Can you give me one summary of one of the episodes of Azumanga???

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by souichiro_arima View Post
    So, KImura is just the same as Onizuka in GTO, he wants to be a teacher because of High School girls??? But, Can you give me one summary of one of the episodes of Azumanga???
    It's hard to summarize a 'Slice of Life' series. 'Azumanga Daioh' makes it even harder, as it was originally broadcast in a 'mini-episode' format, with 3 'mini-episodes' combined into a single episode on the DVD release. A mini-episode summery (Such as the 'cool' girl unsuccessful attempt to make friends with the neighborhood cat, Or the introduction of the transfer student from the Kansai region) just doesn't do justice to the character interactions and comedy of what actually happens.

One thing that you should know, that as 'Slice of Life' series goes, 'Azumanga Daioh' is probably the best comedy, and ranks among the best of all comedies released as an anime series. The anime goes well beyond it's original 4-panel comic origins, with the series writers bringing the characters interactions and their personality quirks into a life of their own...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Krypton is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well I like to call it the 'Show about Nothing' it follows the day to day lives of the girls no real plot but it is quite funny. Much like the sit-com Sienfeld.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast