+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Isn't it Kimura sensei?

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Isn't it Kimura sensei?

k ive seen it now, and i think they could have done a little better on some of the caracter voices. osaka mainly. i suppose i can handle the accent, (i still say brooklyn or similar accent would be better for kansai) but the voice just sounds too old. i switched it to the japaneese language and liked the voice so much better. it sounded slow and childish, just like osaka should. as for kimura sensei, i think they should have still used sensei for all the teachers. it would have been much better, methinks. and yes, kimura did become my fav caracter in the anime.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that to use sensei is not very smart. The point of dubbing and bringing it over to America is to get the American auidence to watch and hopefully pay for it. While most anime fans will understand and be fine with them using sensei, the casually fan would not...and might even be off put if all anime were not to become at least a little Americanized. That's just what I think though....While I would not mind them calling everyone sensei I could see where it would bug some people
    I still say it's a really good dub but again that's just me we all have our own personal tastes.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

This thread was artificially made by pulling another thread in two. That's why my first post here looks a bit strange.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally loved the Dub and the original language track. So much so that I bought the box set, and got it signed by Tiffany Grant (Nice lady, killer sense of humor, husband's fat though.)

I can live with them not calling the teachers Sensei, but they took the americanizing too far by changing Yukari-Sensei's English class into a Spanish class.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I personally loved the Dub and the original language track. So much so that I bought the box set, and got it signed by Tiffany Grant (Nice lady, killer sense of humor, husband's fat though.)

I can live with them not calling the teachers Sensei, but they took the americanizing too far by changing Yukari-Sensei's English class into a Spanish class.
    you sir suck! i hope u fall off a cliff! lol no but seriously thats awesome! and yes i agree that its crap that it is now spanish class.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Newbie JapanAni is off to a good start JapanAni's Avatar
    Thanks

would you prefer they say Teacher Kimura? I guess it doesn't flow right in the English language. I guess you would address a teacher Mr. or a male adult Sir?

we wholesale anime, manga, and video game collectibles

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2